Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
val313 Offline OP
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
I thought since this is new it would be nice to see how each of us met our significant others.

I met Brian through a friend. He asked me out on a date and told me to bring a friend since he was going to bring one. Well none of my gal pals were free that night so I went solo. I showed up at the movies first before my date and met his friend Brian. We had a great time chatting till he got there. Well my date and I never hit it off at all (however we are still friends).
A couple days later Brian calls and invites himself over to my apartment with his friend to watch a movie and we really hit it off. I liked the fact that he was the first guy that I had met that could carry on a decent conversation.
Well my date guy ended up going on a mission trip and Brian and I continued to hang out. We hit it off great and have been together since. His friend was even his best man although he teased us that we owed him a wife!

So who is next??

RIP Peeps
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Hihihi...I like your story. I don't know if you believe in destiny or not but I do sometimes smile I can't share mine in here now cuz I'm not engaged yet, not until I can find a better bf than the current one LOL..

R.I.P SKY
2/19/08

My baby PEACE
Missing 7/3/09
frown
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
Well we met in high school. We had a class together the last sememster after graduation. Every once in awhile he would ask to copy my homework (why I'll never know). Then just a few days before school was over we got to talking well I kind of liked him so we kind of both asked each other out.
Well want to hear a good one and I did not find this out until later. He called one day before our date and we were talking he said he had to go wash his car and I said I would go along and help. Well that night he had a different date which I did not know about (To be fair we had not dated yet). This was a date he had asked her out a while back and did not think it was right to just cancel on her. Well I guess he took her out to eat and this is what he said. He did not have a very good time she did not talk at all.
I guess that was one thing he liked about me was my motor mouth.
He said he never had trouble carrying on a conversation with me.
Well I guess he did like me better since I'm the one who got him.
He told me about the date thing and I just teased him saying how I helped him wash his car for his other date. lol
He also told me he was in my 8th grade art class for 3 days before he was transfered out and had a crush on me (Sorry I don't remember).
We graduated in 66 and got married in Sept of 67 he was in the air force at the time.

My name is Connie
A
Best Friend
Best Friend
A
I met Scott when I had just turned 19 in my first ever college course. He was 20, about to turn 21... We were lab partners. The rest is history...

Hehe, we ended up never going to that class after awhile. We were too busy seeing movies and being silly together to care about it smile

Andrea
H
helwa
Unregistered
helwa
Unregistered
H
lol believe it or not i met my husband online hahaha at a marriage site for muslims. sounds so incedibly cheesey.

well at first i didnt like him ... he was handsome but i just wasnt interested. lol

alot of my real life friends were on that site as well and he was asking around about me ... i was kind of a public figure because i did a couple radio shows and worked for a radio station and independant news outlet ... come to find out i had met him a couple times before and he had been very impressed with me and then found me on this site and was tryin hard to get my attention but i just wasnt interested.

i found out a couple people i knew pretty good in real life in florida(i was living in houston at the time) knew him very well and were good friends with him since like hgh school back in egypt.

so i asked them about him ... they had good things to say .... but i just wasnt feelin it haha ....

he would im me on yahoo and be like plz just call me ... just call me plz and i was like man he is so desperate how ugly is that haha and id ignore him

this went on for like 3 months.

then there was a national convention i was going to be speaking at and he told me he would be there ... so i was like sheesh this freak wont give up

so ... i was at the convention ... so was he ... my uncle was there as well ... my father lived over seas back home in egypt ... and i told my uncle hey this freak is like hooked on me man he wont take a hint i tried being nice lol so he texts me (yahoo on my cell phone) and is like where are you come meet me ... im like ok ... so i take my uncle with me im like let my uncle scare the heck out of him then he will go away

so my uncle goes and is like so .. u want to marry my niece?? how u work? how much money u make? u want kids? how many? whose your family? where they live? what they do? give me their phone i will call them now and so on ... hahaha (my dads family is palestinian and totally fresh off the boat haha) the guy didnt even flinch ... he answered all the questions easily and even gave my uncle his families address and phone number back in cairo hahahaha

so he won my uncle over frown my uncle comes back to me like habibty he is a good guy he likes you for what you do(human rights and stuff) and he likes your mind ... he hasnt even seen any pic of you except the one on ur profile ... so chill out and just go talk to him ur getting old u need to marry ( i was 25 lolz)

so i go and talk to him and he is FUNNY... i mean funny for no reason funny ... and he cracks me up .. which i love really ... even in horrible times he can make me laugh like crazy...

and he is good lookin and sweet ... smells nice lol his breath didnt stink so i was like well ok ill give u a shot ... sheesh

so we talked back and forth for like 6 months ... i went to florida a couple times and he came to texas a couple times ... he met my grandmother(moms mom ...greek) and my grandmother asks him ... u want baby yes? and he goes oh yes i want 10 ... my grandmother goes ... yes yes u marry soon and grabs my face and says he good man u be nice girl he give you baby. hahahaha sp that was it ... what could i say to that hahahahaha

my dad had been getting to know his family back in egypt and it was all goin good smile

we got married august 19 2005 smile and ive been laughin my bumm off ever since hahaha

smile

val313 Offline OP
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
That is wild Helwa. It is so cool to hear about different cultures. What a great story!

RIP Peeps
Companion
Companion
My fiance and I met through my ex best-friend. I came up to visit her right after my kids were born to get a weekend away. My boyfriend of 5 years had just left me so I really needed a pick me up. They worked together and she introduced us. They actually started dating soon afterwards and he and i talked constantly. Not long after she became immersed deeply into drugs and took a total turn for the worst and left us both. We stayed close and eventually began a physical relationship.... It took him 3 months of casual dating to talk me into making it formal and becoming boyfriend/girlfriend. That week I met his mom and helped her paint his little sisters room, which got me mom's approval and the circle was complete when Joe fixed my grandmother's computer..

Best Friend
Best Friend
Me and my boy met online as well. =P Though on an MMORPG (online game for those don't know what that is). To be specific, a game called Ragnarok.

I was a Priestess, he played a Crusader. We hit it off talking one night, and after that everyone asked is when we were going to get married. On the game, there was a marriage option for characters, cheesy and really cute. We continued talking. A few months later we really hit it off, and got married in game!! Hehehe.

Well, shortly after he asked for my phone number. And shortly after that, he and his parents came up to meet me! We had our first date that day, and our first kiss, hehe.

We've been together 3 and a half years since then. And now go to the same college, and are no longer long distance. =)

T
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
T
wow. that's so cute, niki!

Regular
Regular
Lol niki I play that game xD.
My cousin got married to someone she met in an online game too she played everquest though hehe

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site