Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#310403 07/15/08 06:52 PM
Dagny Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Just wanted to let you know I broke up with him this weekend. He had been bringing up the open relationship idea, and I am not comfortable with that. To me you date one person at a time and he already knew how I felt.
Also he has been bugging me about my weight, saying I should get the lap band, if we marry and have kids they might have health risks, a good gift for my birthday would be a scale...and he is trying to lose weight too and I've been learning about nutrition and health. Well after learning about eating healthier, and seeing how he ate this weekend, I was a little disgusted. Plus a guy doesn't tell a girl to go on a diet, then eat donuts and drink soda in front of her....so rude, right?
So once he brought up the open relationship I was ready to leave his place, even though I planned to stay the night. He said if I left the relationship was over...he didn't want me to leave.
Well I was going out the door when he asked me for my locket back, the 50$ golden heart locket he bought me as a gift! I just laughed and gave it back to him...I'm so worth better right?
But now I'm a little worried that at 22 I won't find someone else...everyone tells me I will, won't I?

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi Dagny.

I'm sorry about your news.

Twenty-two is still very young.
And better to wait a while for Mr Right, than settle for Mr Wrong.

Good luck! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Soulmate
Soulmate
I agree with PDM and will add that your instincts and opinions about him are obviously right on.

Cookie and Sweetie
Dagny Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Thanks PMD and Joandboys.
My mom got a kick out of how I dumped him and did not let him push me into the open relationship thing.
I don't think I'm really sad, but just worried about whether I will find someone again. However my mom told me a guy was checking me out at a restaurant yesterday...the sheriff actually! I'm not ready for another relationship but I'd just like to know that there is time left...lol
On the positive note, now that I don't have to meet him each week and pay for my meals at restaurants, I have more money for things I want. Oh and more time for me too! lol

Best Friend
Best Friend
I think this is for the better and 22 is extremely young. At first you will wonder how you meet someone else, but then you will realize that it isn't that difficult to meet someone new. Just be open.

After hearing more stories about how he treated you, this is definitely for the better. No one should make you feel inferior and unimportant. Having value for yourself is what matters.

Never forget:
Leaf - 11/5/07
Louie - 1/25/08
Bill - 4/16/08
Papeete - 4/21/08
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I am glad for you

Dagny Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Thanks for replying.
I was on AIM today and he messaged me. He is happy now that he is free and partying and single. He knows a girl he likes and wants to ask out (I know, weird conversation to strike up with your ex). I guess he will be another girl's nightmare now...
I think I can do better than him...(I'm enjoying being single too)
He also wanted to know if we could be friends someday...I said I don't know.
Do you tend to be friends with your ex? If I see him, I'd say hi and be nice...but I'm not going to be best friends with him...but I think that's what he wants...

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
It sounds as if you have definitely done the right thing!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #311772 07/21/08 06:47 PM
Best Friend
Best Friend
I'm wondering if he was just saying all of that to make you jealous. From what you have said he sounds manipulative.

Never forget:
Leaf - 11/5/07
Louie - 1/25/08
Bill - 4/16/08
Papeete - 4/21/08
Soulmate
Soulmate
He is very manipulative, be very wary of the foot in the door. I am sure he thinks being friends will give him an advantage.
You've been there, done that, and saw the light.

Cookie and Sweetie
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site