RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
My name is Allison.

I am posting this message with the permission of Lisa Shae, the owner of this web site.

After infidelity occurred in my own life, as part of my coping process I decided to earn my PhD in communication (yeah - I know - this is quite a change from the PR field). Specifically, I have spent years examining the communication surrounding infidelity and how parents talk to their children about this event. I am currently collecting data for my dissertation which focuses more on children than couples themselves. Basically, I want to know how parents and children re-establish their relationship following infidelity (forgiveness and empathy are a big part of this process).

I would like anyone who understands the importance of the communication surrounding parental infidelity to help. If you are an adult who would be willing to complete a confidential online questionnaire please click on the link below.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=1RQIZuILR3_2f3prJu71z_2bYw_3d_3d

To participate, you must meet all of the following criteria:
a) You must be at least 19 years of age.
b) You must indicate that one or both of your birth or residential (adoptive or step-) parents (married, separated, or divorced) engaged in infidelity at some point in time during your life while your parents were married to each other
c) You must report that you discovered the information of an infidelity that occurred during your parents' marriage while your "offending" parent was still living
d) You must report that your "offending" parent is aware that you knew of this extradyadic relationship.

If you choose to participate, all of your information will be kept confidential.

If you would like more information about this study, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks in advance for your participation. Your insight is truly appreciated and will be used to help others cope with hurtful family events.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi Allison smile

Have you had any responses?

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
S
OP Offline
S
Hello Benjamin -

Thanks for the note.

I have had many people respond to this survey. Because the survey is confidential it never asks individuals where they learned about the survey. Needless to say, I'm not sure if any individuals utilizing this web site have participated (although it is likely).

If individuals did participate, I hope you found it interesting and helpful.

Thanks again for asking.

Allison

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi Allison

Just to clarify, Benjamin Disraeli was the politician responsible for the quote I use ~ I'm 'PDM', Lisa's moderator. smile

Good luck with your research.

S
OP Offline
S
Ha! Thanks PDM! It was just such a moving quote I guess I wanted to attribute it to you:).

Thanks for your help.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks to all your replied to this survey. I am writing to let you know that this survey will become inactive Mid-October. Feel free to fill it out before this time.

Allison

V
V
Parent is person u have to respect him. If u do not respect him u are doing wrong thing. He is the person who loves u more in the world.
=============================================================
Vincent

[I am not sure if the 'signature' is spam ~ or what it is ~ so it has been deleted ~ PDM.]

Last edited by PDM; 10/18/08 01:13 PM.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: vincent2008
Parent is person u have to respect him..
Do you have to respect a parent, whatever the parent does?
What if the parent behaves badly?

Quote:
If u do not respect him u are doing wrong thing.
It depends on the person, I think.
Yes, a good parent deserves respect ~ but respect is also a two-way thing.

Quote:
He is the person who loves u more in the world.
What if the parent does not love the child.
Many parents harm their children.
=============================================================
Vincent
Quote:
Our mission is to provide high quality end to end solutions to the BPO segment in a manner that will improve the operational efficiency while reducing the cost of the services to the client.
4thdimension1@gmail.com

Vincent, what is this?
This link may not be allowed. I would need to check it out.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site