Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
Some good wisdom being expressed here.

Marge is the love of my life.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: nacho's human
If you want a laugh when i asked the guy out in my college class i was a bit too aggressive and he said yes cause i believe i frightnened the poor boy. The date was a disaster .... ha ha
And it gives you a good story to relate to us, nacho's human smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
N
Companion
Companion
N
Thanks PDM...i believe the saying "open mouth...insert foot" probably began with me smile . Took me a couple of months to get over that situation but now its so funny to me, and my husband who cant believe i was so bold then!

Featheryglow: i hope everything works out for you, i'm glad you had someone there in Italy to have as a friend (and a friend who sends happy shivers down your spine in such a romantic place isnt too bad smile ). Let us know if you hear anything!

OP Offline
Aww, thanks Nacho's human. I know that the situation I'm going through right now is something that almost everyone have experienced or will experience at least once in their life. Your story, however, really cheered me up a bit. I really don't think I would've had the courage to go in for the first kiss. =) Perhaps one day I'll look back on this experience and be able to laugh about it as well.

I'll certainly update you guys if anything happens. ^^

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Yes, you do that, FeatheryGlow ! smile
Good luck! smile

M
M
I believe that it could possibly have to do with his past. When someone has a tough childhood they tend to either rebel and not care about what others think, like a bad boy (fighting, drugs etc.) or they will close themselves off and focus only on interests.

In both cases the individual closes themselves off from letting someone in, but they show it differently. They bad boy individual will just be mean or emotionless to you while the closed off individual will appear extremely shy and quiet and keep to themselves.

If this is the case for him, then he might be fighting with himself. It took awhile for him to even open up a little as friends and now that he knows you like him he is fighting with himself on whether to let you in or not. Simpler terms, his heart says he likes you but his mind is telling him that he will get hurt if he lets you in.

"Teneo haud fines finium"

"Veritas et Aequitas, Haud misericordia."

Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
Hi, mma7402, and welcome. In the romance section, several times I have seen references to "insight." While it is true that some seem to have more insight, a lot of it comes from really "listening" to others and caring, but most of it comes from living through things of life. You seem to have both the "innate" insight, and (possibly) experience in life that gives you insight into a shy person's head and heart.

A shy person can be an intensely feeling and loyal friend and lover, and can even learn to open up with others. Butterflies did not look as attractive and carefree in their caterpillar stage.

Hope to read more of your posts.

Marge is the love of my life.
S
SDG Offline
S
Personally, I don't think this guy is disinterested, for one clear reason... the fact that he did not say no.

Now, just because a person may be shy or evasive it doesn't mean they aren't disinterested. By him agreeing to plans, it yields some interest. He may be busy sure, he may be shy, of course, but possibly not disinterested. He may be leaning in that direction, but for him to agree to plans, it means he's willing to give it a chance.

As for my theories, Carl pretty much sums it up. He may be any one of those things that Carl explained.

You brought up some good points. It is possible that he may be this way in a relationship, to which case you probably may not like. If he is quiet in the relationship, it may prove too difficult, especially if you're the one doing most of the talking and decisions. I get the feeling he's the type that follows the waves, and doesn't make them. I could be dead wrong however. Just a passing thought.

My advice, I personally think you should follow up until either he says "no" or until you lose all interest. Again, Carl pretty much sums up all the theories that may be surrounding this guy, take it into consideration.

--- My mother... she said. "Heaven's on one shoulder, but baby... Hell is on the other." ---
O
O
heyy im new to this thingy but.... he sounds like a really good guy even if he is shy, like im heaps shy and im a guy and im fine around girls i know.... best buddies and all that but when im around a girl i like or a really pretty girl i trip over and i just look stupid but im not like that at all so if you want to know whats in a shy guys head i just think you ask him.... simple thats all but if you tihnk my idea was smart message back and il talk to you about it smile best of luck

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Welcome Ollie w smile

Thank you for your input ~ very helpful!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site