Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
luv my bird
Unregistered
luv my bird
Unregistered
L
I don't care if they're 6 or 26, they are always going to give you problems. HOpefully, nothing too severe (drugs, drinking,).
I think my kids are the reason I have anxiety and breathing problems.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I agree with pretty much everything that has already been said.

To be decent parents, you need to be able to provide a roof over their heads, a loving home, food, education, clothing, love, security, a safe environment.

As long as you can provide the basics, the best time to have children is when you feel ready to have children.
It's not always easy, but, if you want them & love them, it is very rewarding.

Be aware of post-natal depression, though, so that if it kicks in, you are ready to kick it out again!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
one major thing that some ppl don't realize too is that MEDICAL CARE is a big thing too. if it wasn't for me and my hubby being in the military, (i was actually not in anymore when i got pregnant), we would not have even thought about having a kid at all. becuz it costs SOOO much to just HAVE a baby in the hospital these days. especially if you have to take an ambulance for some reason. just that alone here in cali is as low as $2000 just to take a ride to the hospital. more than that if u need fluids and/or meds along the way.

as for us tho... we were not even ready when i got pregnant. it was a surprise. but, we were 2gether 4 1/2 years and married 2 1/2 years of that before we had our daughter. she is now 6 yrs old and in the 1st grade. and let me tell ya. all the things being said b4 me here is all sooo true. all kids are sooooo different. so u never know what your child will turn out to be like.
unfortunately for our daughter her mom and dad are both stubborn and leaders. so she has it real bad. never wants to listen. wants to be in control all the time. and just drives us up the wall on a daily basis. well, at least 6 days out of 7. lol. she is very smart and bright. she can already read past the level of the kids in her class. so that is awesome. gets that from her momma. hehe. but geez, we wish that she would use common sense a bit more. lol. hopefully in the near future. we will help her work on it til then.

again, i do agree that there is a lot of very good advice here from all. there is a LOT to think about b4 actually having a child. i also totally agree that if u wait til u r financially ready, it may never happen. unless u r already rich, u r ready yo go. lol.

good luck to u with what u decide to do. i feel that u will make good parents since u r looking into this type of stuff b4 actually making a decision.

Last edited by SweetNess1; 01/02/09 04:32 AM.

Bella
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
I agree with everything that has been said - especially I*luv*nature's test. It will be the hardest job you ever take on and the most rewarding job you will never complete.

If you think about it too much you can always find reasons not to have children - and very few to have children.

Chances are that your children will have all the traits you dislike about your spouse and vice versa.

But having children is the one thing in life that is truly wonderful, warts and all.

Last edited by BLR; 01/02/09 05:13 AM.
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
Barbara said, "...having children is the one thing in life that is truly wonderful...." I say, grandchildren are the icing on the cake!

Marge is the love of my life.
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
amen

Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
good point u 2. altho i am FAAAR from being a grandparent. but i know i LUV my grammy and i am her favorite... hehehe.. but once i do get there i would have to agree with the icing on the cake part. lol. i'm a dork.

Bella
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Children are expensive! Definitely!

As for the medical bills, that didn't come into it for us.
We have the NHS over here.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Personally I can't wait for the icing on the cake! LOL But since my oldest is not quite 20 yet, I GUESS I'll give him a few more years to ice my damn cake! hahaha

L
luv my bird
Unregistered
luv my bird
Unregistered
L
I know for a fact that my kids are TRYING for my icing on the cake, so i'm getting exciting at that thought of being a mom-mom. I will spoil the heck out of the my grandkids. There's a reason why my family called me "easy touch". I'm the "go to" parent when it comes to getting things.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site