RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
Is he still interested?So, i am a secretary for a consultant. We have been flirting for a while,and his body language and what he says is obvious he fancies me and thinksabout kissing me. Always tries to be alone with me and taking an interest inwhat i like to do and learn. I text him every three weeks or so when i dontsee him at work. He never replys by text, but will reply face to face whenhe comes into work. So i did a silly thing, i texted him one day somethingvery flirty. But when he got back the next day he did not apporach me aboutthis. He told me something work related in the hallway when others werearound. He also had to take a call in my office and when he was the phone iput headphones in and started to listen to music. Then when he got off thephone he starting talking to me but i did not hear. So i took my head phonesout and said sorry but he didnt repeat himself he just smiled lightly andmumbbled something and walk out of my office. One more thing happened i smiled at him in the the hallway when no one was around and he smiled andlooked down and all of a sudden flipped his phone open as if to say i gotyour text but i will not talk about it. He will start converstation withother woman even if they have just finished the conversation and looks at mewhile doing this.Has he now lost interest and have i embarrsed myself? I have 1 more day left working for him, so i would like to know if i still have a chance. Thank you very much xxxxx

P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Sounds like he is conflicted about personal vs. workplace relationships, understandably.

If you won't be working for him soon, why not just ask him if he'd like to go out for coffee/lunch sometime?

H
OP Offline
H
I have thought about that but i need to put it in a way if he says no i will be safe not emabarrsing myself? I am much younger then him too.

H
OP Offline
H
Thanks very much for the advice BTW! So that was yesterday but today he waved at me first and said hi so i said hi back. We kind of avoided eachother today well becasue we had not work to discuss.

I had a male friend come vist my office for a chat and then he found out when i said bye and c u 2moz. Then started hanging about near my office like he would have done all the other days.

then i left a piece work on his desk he came back to me 2 mins later and asked me about it, my office phone did not stop ringing and he waited n waited till i was finished. He even was giving me tips on the telephone and he asks q's alot while i am on the phone to help me out.

He did what he did with every enquiry i give to him. Gives me the answer walks out of the room walks back in n gives another answer and does this at least 4 times. Is he too shy to admit he likes me is this why he has to say stuff over and over because he wants to spend time with me? Also Another consultant was talking to us at the time this was taking place and was showing off how he had been to the gym and i was smiling and laughing and you could tell the consultant i like was getting jealous when i was giving the other this attention. So is he jealous because other men talk to me? or am i getting this wrong?

XXX thanks so much to u all.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Welcome Hot Secretary smile

It certainly could be that he is interested.

What is the age difference ~ if you don't mind me asking?
Could it be a factor?
Are you certain that he isn't married, by the way?

If he is a free agent, and you will be working with him a lot, then I see no reason not to ask him if he'd like to go with you for lunch somewhere. I have been for lunch with male colleagues on a friends basis, so, if he is not feeling romantically-inclined, after all, there would be no need for embarrassment. smile

Good luck!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
H
OP Offline
H
Okay so he is 10 years older, i am very muture 19 year old and he has mad that clear to me. I think it may be because of work but tomorrow is my last day and if i really want to say something becasue i know i will always regret it if i dont ask him does he like me or not. I dont want anyone to know either at work, he will be operating most of the day tomorrow as well. Do you know what is the easyest way to find out if he likes me without asking him out somewhere, but getting a straight answer.

Thanks so much for your advice true blue soulmate

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Are you certain that he is a free agent and a nice person and not just a flirt?

If so, you could just ask him outright ~ difficult, I know ~ and he might be too shocked to give you the answer you want, anyway.

You could ask him by text or e-mail or letter.

If he really likes you, and knows that it is your last day, he might say something to you, anyway.

What do you think he would say, if you just pointed out to him that it's your last day, so he won't be seeing you any more ~ no more office chats, etc. You could say that you will miss him, because you enjoy his company ~ and give him the chance to respond accordingly.

H
OP Offline
H
Your very right i think he may be married. But never talks about it. But he knows it's my last day. He is nice person i know it, he is shy most of time and people say i make him more happy at work less stressed when he is in my company. I will just say to him i will miss him and see what he says and maybe i will get a reply i want, if i dont guess its means he may be married or not interested. He should of told me to stop texting him if he is married.

Thank you for taking your time to read this and give me advice on everything xxxx Take care

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Yes, he may just be shy.

I remember being 19, and I have a teenage daughter, so I just think it's good to be a little cautious.

Good luck & take care! smile

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site