Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#346957 01/15/09 06:18 AM
P
patman Offline OP
OP Offline
P
ok well, last year, in my sophmore year of high school. i met this girl. and she was like amazing. she was beautiful, she was herself, not fake like most highschool girls. and she was really nice. i liked her so much that i couldn't stop thinking about her. like i took showers in the morning instead of the night before and i had to make sure i had my hair perfect and all of that. just to impress her. but of course she didn't like me. im over that now and all.

but now its been like a year since i met her.. and i cannot stop thinking about her. i think i love her. its driving me crazy because ive never thought about a girl this much for so long. idk what to do either because like i know she doesn't like me, so there would be no point in telling her that im in love with her. (if i really am, i can't really tell if i am but im pretty sure i am now).

another wierd thing, in the past 6 months or so, ive thought about her, but not as much as i have in the last couple weeks. and now im realizing how much i care about her and that i really love her. but idk why im just discovering that now, and not in the past.

so idk if i should try to tell her how i feel about her, or if i should just try to forget about her.

Last edited by patman; 01/15/09 06:19 AM.
patman #346964 01/15/09 09:36 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello & welcome Patman smile

Are you absolutely certain that she is not interested in you?

Have you chatted to her ~ about anything, ie not relationships?

Do you get on well together?

It's always possible, you know, that she does like you and you just don't realise it.

Maybe you could talk to her; do homework together; go out in a group or something, if such possibilities arise.

I don't know what a 'sophomore' refers to, but I'm guessing that you are a teenager - and for teenagers this feeling of being painfully in love ~ often unrequited love ~ seems to be the norm, I think. It's almost like being in love with love itself.

It is very common.

Just smile & be friendly to her and see how you get on. smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #347001 01/15/09 03:11 PM
P
patman Offline OP
OP Offline
P
oh sorry, a sophomore is grade 10 in high school.

and i am pretty sure she isn't interested in me. but on the first night i met her, it was at a football game. we spent like 2 hours together. and it seemed she liked me.

but another thing too, im not hurting about it. its just that she's always on my mind.

patman #347019 01/15/09 04:21 PM
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
And just HOW do you know she doesn't like you? How often do you talk to her and do you like..hang out alot with mutual freinds, is she part of your usual group you hang with, or does she have a whole different group of friends?
Is she seeing anyone else?

kksuns #347068 01/15/09 11:12 PM
P
patman Offline OP
OP Offline
P
well last year we were pretty good friends, i hung out with her at lunch and everything. but ive been hanging out with my old friends more this year.

but like i was hanging out with her and some other friends, and somebody brought up how i used to like her. cause it was pretty obvious i liked her, but they thought i didn't anymore. and she said i wasn't her type.

currently shes not seeing anybody else, but she was about a month ago. it only lasted a few weeks.

patman #347075 01/16/09 12:33 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: patman
.... it was pretty obvious i liked her, but they thought i didn't anymore. and she said i wasn't her type. ...

Girls can say this because they mean it, or to get over the embarrassment of being told that the boy who fancied them doesn't any more.

Just try chatting & being friendly to her again.

My daughter is Year 10 in the UK ~ that's 14-15 ~ I think it's similar, but perhaps a little older, in the USA, is that right?

PDM #347110 01/16/09 03:38 AM
P
patman Offline OP
OP Offline
P
ok well last night, she made a blog on myspace about how she was feeling lonely and stuff and she wanted somebody to care about her. i replied and so did a few other ppl. and she only replied to my comment on it. so maybe that could be something? idk maybe im overthinking it.

but also, i was talking to her tonight and then i had to go. so when i came back i went on myspace and she made a bulletin and it said, "tell me what you think about me in my truth box, or if u have the guts tell me in a message." if you do it in the truth box its anonymous. and its like an hour after i talked to her, so maybe that could be something else? so should i do anything?

patman #347132 01/16/09 09:01 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Tell her you like her and ask if she'd like to do homework together ~ or go for a pizza?

PDM #349986 01/31/09 04:14 PM
B
B
Well you really should talk to her because you never told her how you felt in the first place. You just assumed that she didnt like you. But also make sure that she wont see you as just a guy friend who she tells everything to. Let her know how you really feel about her. And dont come of saying I Love You either it might freak her out. smile

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site