RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Hey guys, I was just considering the same avenue, we have a good free site that i know a few people have used around my area and they were happy with it, one man who is a nurse was just to busy and he found his future wife online.
I am older but people peg me usually a good 10 years younger and this has made it difficult, I am tired of 20 somethings hitting on me.
Alot of clubs etc. are expensive and I hate sports, so that knocks out a lot of socializing opportunities. I took a Spanish course once (again $$$$) and same thing young men, there was 1 my age and he was nice but not my type really.
I mean where else can I go?

N
Companion
Companion
N
I met my husband on an online dating website. Although meeting people thru friends and social gatherings can be considered ideal for vetting weird-os i have to say that most men i met thru those means were top of the line jerks. I felt a bit more in control when I went online, its more anonymous & I can just delete the jerks instead of having them haunt my phone, work, or home. I got a lot of comments when i told people I was on an online dating website but seriously all they ever knew from that was watching "to catch a predator"...lol
I was suprised at how easy it was to find out about someone by just sending messages back & forth. One guy sent me this really sappy introduction message & sent my roommate the exact same message (she tried the website the same as me ...safety in numbers!). Another guy everytime I mentioned something he would respond in such detail it was impressive...till I realized he was just copying/pasting from wikipedia. Online dating can be fun if you can keep your sense of humor...and remember you dont ever have to meet anybody.
I'm hoping soon online dating will loose some of its bad image. Yes there are lots of freaks but just like meeting people thru more traditional means you have to keep your wits about you and not move too fast. My best friend also met her husband thru the same site & my other two friends met theirs thru forums. I also know someone who met the love of their life while playing World of Warcraft lol.
Sorry to go on and on but I am a true believer in people (adults) trying online dating at least once if they are actively looking, I actually went online partly cause i was convinced there were no single men in my area. But i'm glad I did cause there was no way I would of met my hubby thru regular means and he is truly my soulmate.

Last edited by nacho's human; 02/07/09 02:48 AM.

Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Hurray another success story, I would love to hear your hubbys take on why he did it?
I know he can't speak for every man, but sometimes you wonder if you are gonna run into the same thing as bars, predators, liars, married men or guys just looking to hook up for a night.

I am hoping that by my age there may be a few keepers around who are just not having any luck .

N
Companion
Companion
N
Well, Coco's mama I took online dating the same way as I would meeting a guy normally, with a grain of salt. I found that when i would meet a guy in person first I would be so caught up in looks and usual nerviousness i would miss the subtle clues that he was not right for me. When I chatting online I could relax and really pay attention to his mind and what he had to say. My hubby & I spent the first week just instant messenging each other for about 3-5 hours a night & it was the most delightful and humorous time I had ever had with a man...and we were just typing!

As for my hubby he is a shy guy and tried to meet girls in social settings but he found that he could never be himself and open up cause of his introvert-ness. Plus he really wanted to meet a woman who he really could talk to, he was tired of meeting shallow people. We were both the first (and only) person to meet for a date from online but he has some funny stories about some freaky girls he chatted to online....ha ha it goes both ways.

The funniest thing i did was right before I posted my profile I did a search for man looking for woman in my age range just to check out my "competition" in the area. All I have to say is WOW, there were some women who seemed normal but... holy cow... there were some women who really scared me. I guess some guys might like a woman who threatens to beat them if they dont pay for dinner but that just seems odd to put on your profile.

My roommate & I had the funnest evening with a bottle of wine & a search engine that night smile

Last edited by nacho's human; 02/07/09 03:44 AM.

Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Haha competition check lolz, that is funny, i am so doing that!!!

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Interesting.
This is not something I know much about, but it is something that would probably worry me.

However, you are right, any man could be a criminal con man, whether met online or in a pub, and, certainly, after being on the forum, there are people I feel I know very well, even though I wouldn't recognise them in the street. smile

Food for thought smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site