RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
Hello .... i`m a girl and i`m 13. my best friend is with a boy that he doesn`t like. she just didn`t know how to refuse him and now all my school knows that she is with that boy. she really wants to break up with him and she don`t know how to do that because when she told him she doesn`t want he started crying frown ...... plz help .... thx wink .... p.s. : laugh i like a bit this boy laugh and i`m so srry for him frown

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Irina. Welcome smile

Young love can be wonderful and painful.

If she has already told him that she doesn't want to be his girlfriend, then he already knows, but he still wants to be with her. Thirteen is very, very young, when it comes to romance, but love is every bit as emotional.

First of all, if everyone knows that she is his girlfriend, then she should not let everyone else find out that she wants to end it. This must be between the two of them, or he will look silly.

She needs to talk to him again ~ say that she likes him, but that she doesn't feel comfortable being his girlfriend, and wants to be just friends. She must let him know that she didn't want to hurt him, but mustn't say that she felt sorry for him. They can still do things together ~ perhaps in a group which includes you, since you like him. Maybe she could say that she thinks that 13 is too young to be dating.

She must learn from this that she shouldn't be someone's girlfriend unless she likes him. It is less painful to say 'no, but thank you for asking' in the first place, than it is to break up later.

You say that you like him? Do you mean as a boyfriend? Perhaps you could ask him if he would like to go to the cinema, or bowling, or skating, or out for ice-cream? That might cheer him up. Again, perhaps you could go as a group?

Good luck! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
I
OP Offline
I
thank u for ur help! but there is a problem ... he doesn`t want (if they break up) to be just friends ... frown .. he said to my friend: "u are my girlfriend or i`ll never talk to u again" .. she told him that she wanted to stay friends but he doesn`t understand her. ... and thank you again wink P.s.: i don`t think i like him as a boyfriend ... i just want to become good friends ... sorry for my bad english smile

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi! Your English is fine.

I can understand the problem; she doesn't want to be his girlfriend, but she doesn't want to cause him to break down & cry, either. It's difficult.

But what, exactly, do you mean by: 'he doesn`t understand her'?

Perhaps you could be the friendly support? For both her and him?

I wish I could help more, but if she went out with him, when she didn't really want to, and he won't accept that she doesn't feel attracted to him, even though she has told him, then it's difficult to know what to say, except that time heals and teenagers fall in and out of love a lot.

I hope that you will all be able to sort this out soon.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
I
OP Offline
I
thank u for ur advice wink

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site