Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#362703 04/25/09 05:09 AM
P
patman Offline OP
OP Offline
P
hi im 16 and i just met this girl at my work a few days ago. she asked for my number before i could =p and i really like her. she just turned 16 and she is having a b-day party in a week. and i want to get her something. i want it to be something kinda small since i just met her, but also something that means i put thought into it. i don't want it to be the typical 20 dollar bill. i was thinking like a gift card somewhere and some candy and then decorate the bag really well or something. i know gift cards arn't very original, but i have no clue what girls like and idk what she wants. so can anybody help?

patman #362707 04/25/09 06:09 AM
Friend
Friend
If you got some art in you. You may as well craft your own Gift card. It really does the trick. It's something small, but you made it yourself, showing that you care. Also come up with a silly funny (silly in the cute way) birthday phrase so it shows your originality, you know something like: "Look at the bright side, getting older is better than dying". If you can't come up with something like that, perhaps search some phrases of that sort in the internet. This is just an idea, but I think it sounds like a good idea. If you think it's too much, then yeah some neat candy with an industrial card and a very Simple, yet classy decoration will make the trick.
Hope some of this inspires you to come up with something!

~*¡Pericos!*~
patman #362709 04/25/09 06:45 AM
Great Friend
Great Friend
I know you think a gift card is generic, but, let me tell you as a female...we LOVE to shop. It would be like someone giving you a giftcard to the video game store, wouldn't you be psyched? well, if you like video games...anyway, we just had the same discussion with my 13 yr old nephew this morning about his friends b-day and the whole point we had is if you give cash, the actual amount, like $20, may seem cheap(or not-depending on what she thinks is cheap) but a gift card is a much easier way to go, especially if you get, say, a $20 gift card to a store like Claires where it is all earrings($20 would go a long way in there) or a $20 card to the music store, McDonalds, Bath and Body Works, a local restaurant where the meals range from $7-$15..like a Chili's(hey, maybe she'd invite you to go with her?) Anyway, my point is that a gift card is good because she'll probably get candles and soap from her girl friends. Also, from experience, most guys don't even bring a present..which is RUDE..but, she'll be happy you got her anything at all.

http://s649.photobucket.com/albums/uu216/kakeen1977/?action=view¤t=677d47b4.pbw
P
patman Offline OP
OP Offline
P
well actually, i found something interesting out today. i asked her what music she likes and she told me that she loves country music. my dad likes country music too, so i was thinking i could make a cd or something with some of my dads songs. ide put that with the gift card too since a mix cd is inexpensive. but does that sound like a good idea?

patman #362735 04/25/09 05:13 PM
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I bet she'd like mix tape and the gift card. :] I agree with Looney Luna-us girls like giftcards lol

Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I always love mixed cds, several of my past boyfriends have made me them, way better than anything store bought.

Since you just met her, it doesn't say "Hi I bought you a 6ft teddy bear to possibly embarrass you and myself because I like you" or "Hi I spent tons of money soo , if you don't feel the same, you can feel soooo guilty."

A cd just says "Hey I took time to make you a mix of song I hope you like, Have a great Birthday!"

Lol if that makes sense.

Anyway, you could just buy a card , since you mare making the cd already, choose a card light and funny, very simple. then you could still add a g.card if you choose which i think i can speak for most women..she will loooove, it doesn't have to be a lot, often it can just take 10 or 15 bucks off the price of something more pricey she's been wanting, and now has the excuse to buy cos it's that much cheaper.

Okay I admit it we are complicated lol.

P
patman Offline OP
OP Offline
P
yea =] im going to do that. thank you all for your input =]

T
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
T
LOL @ CM "Hi I bought you a 6ft teddy bear to possibly embarrass you and myself because I like you"

Gift cards are awesome. You might even get her one to a music store so she could buy a few of her own country CDs?

P
patman Offline OP
OP Offline
P
im starting to get a little worried about a few things about the cd though. first, idk if shes into older country or newer country. also would if she already has some of the songs i put on it? do you think she would care about these things?

patman #362847 04/26/09 02:14 PM
T
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
T
naww, even if I got a CD with a few songs I had, a few new songs and even a few songs i didnt like, it's still a really nice gesture. You can't expect someone to know your music tastes 100%. Even my best friend I've had for 14 years is shocked by the music i like sometimes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site