RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#373011 06/27/09 05:56 AM
OP Offline
Hi! Some of you might know me as (Blood of) Raven or Ashes (of Love). Yeah, it's me. My other account seems to have a problem with it.

I'm not going to make this very long.

So, there's this guy who has had a crush on my since I was nine years old. We went to primary school together, right up to the seventh grade. Thing is, I never used to like him until I got to seventh grade. I confessed, but said it would be better if we went our separate ways due to high school. That's just what we did.

We are still in contact and I saw him once last year. You know, we send small texts to find out how it's going. But everytime I see his number, or look at the necklace he gave me, I feel this deep pang inside of me. I still think about him a lot.

Is it possible that I'm liking other guys to get rid of the feeling that I actually like him more than anyone else?

Good Friend
Good Friend
I'm going to try to help you by explaining my own similar situation.

I knew a guy for all of my grade school years and we were really close friends. It was clear that he liked me for a long time, and I liked him but I was shy; so when eighth grade ended he asked me to a dance and I said no. Right after school ended he moved away. We kept in close touch for about a year and a half; always emailing everything about our lives. That was about 4 years ago, and I still seem to think about him every day and get that pang inside that you mentioned.

What I've learned about my feelings (and I hope I'm correct) is that we were really close, and so I miss the relationship (friendship) that we once had. I think what causes the "pang" is wondering what could have been, but didn't happen, and regretting the past decisions.

I don't think that you like guys today just to be rid of your feelings about him. I think that he was once a big part of your life, was involved with a big decision on your part, and so it is natural to think about him often, and to wonder about the circumstances he might have affected.

I hope that I helped atleast a little

OP Offline
That cleared a few things up for me. Thanks ^^

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Yes, if he is and was a special part of your life, then it may be that you will always think of him with tenderness and affection.

Who knows if something more may come of it.

Teenagers have a tendency to fall in love, have crushes, etc, etc.
It's to do with hormones, etc.

Take care smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Eh.
Back in my days in high school my mom never told me to date.

I agreed with her on that because no offense to anyone who is a teen/teenager and is dating but I personally think it is a little gross.

I'm sorry if you don't think it is but to me well, it is...

If you like someone really bad I think you should keep him unless you don't feel lucky to have him, feeling odd about it, being questioned, ext ect.

I had never had a crush when I was in high school so I have no clue whatsoever.
I apologize.
Good luck though.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I didn't date until I was 18 (my choice) ~ then I met my current husband. That was a long time ago! But I had plenty of teenage crushes. Some on people I knew; some on the likes of David Cassidy!!!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Friend
Friend
I have had the same experience. Missing and overwhelming emotions to the point where I said, you know I have to act on this. So we went out and yea it was exciting and we went out a few more times.. but what happened was I realized that I missed the old us. The old friendship / relationship and the situations we were in. I realized that now I was different and I just needed to go out with him to feel that. But now I had him having feelings for me again and had to deal with that. frown Which was really hard... but we are still friends. But he lets me know how I hurt him very chance he gets. lol But I told him wouldn't he rather I said the truth. but anyways..

with anything you hear you have to follow your feelings because in the back of head if you feel you should net with him, you don't want to have regrets. smile but it is ultimetly up to you! smile But I was 22 when all this happened also. smile I knew he in high school. smile

Good luck with everything! and always go with your gut! and you don't need to go out with guys to cover your feelings! smile Take care!!

~~ Smile Every Day ~~

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site