RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Best Friend
Best Friend
I have to differ with the above approach. I would be very straight forward and business like. I need to see a valid ID, driver's license, passport, state ID (in even to no driver's license). If he has a problem with it or hesitates walk away.

These things don't always turn out great. Someone in my family married someone they met online two years ago. They are getting a divorce. There was much more to his past then he let on.

Be very careful.

Kathy

"Many have forgotten this truth...You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
L
Liyla Offline OP
OP Offline
L
oh you mean when we meet get him to show me some id and stuff? but ya my aunt met someone off the net too and she's been living with him for a few years now and she seems really happy so im not too worried that this guy is lieing or anything...and my friend doesnt think so either and she has had experiance with meeting them off the net....shes seen the way he talks and stuff and even she thinks he's one of the good ones...shes also the one whos gonna be with me when we do meet smile

C
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered
C
Originally Posted By: cyberbud
I have to differ with the above approach. I would be very straight forward and business like. I need to see a valid ID, driver's license, passport, state ID (in even to no driver's license). If he has a problem with it or hesitates walk away.

These things don't always turn out great. Someone in my family married someone they met online two years ago. They are getting a divorce. There was much more to his past then he let on.

Be very careful.

Kathy
I agree with this. If he is upset by your request, he is not a respectful guy.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Liyla
oh you mean when we meet get him to show me some id and stuff? but ya my aunt met someone off the net too and she's been living with him for a few years now and she seems really happy so im not too worried that this guy is lieing or anything...and my friend doesnt think so either and she has had experiance with meeting them off the net....shes seen the way he talks and stuff and even she thinks he's one of the good ones...shes also the one whos gonna be with me when we do meet smile

Hopefully he will be one of the good ones, but don't just assume that. Probably he will be. However, you can never be too sure. Caution is necessary when meeting strangers ~ whether they are Intenet friends or otherwise.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
L
Liyla Offline OP
OP Offline
L
oh im not assumin it....i know to be cautious and watch myself...i have my bro and his gf coming with me when i meet him so ya.....butim not gonna worry too much about it....the meeting aint for another month if there is gonna be one

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
It sounds as if you are being very sensible ~ have a great time smile

L
Liyla Offline OP
OP Offline
L
well it aint happenign till next month anyways so we'll see how things go....but ya thank you all for the advice adn if theres anything else ya wanna share then feel free....i like to here everyones opinion laugh

L
L
I met my boyfriend through an online dating site a year ago. We are both 28. We had been talking online for about a week when we decided to meet and we met that weekend at a local Starbucks and hit it off. I probably would not want to meet someone that lived far away but meeting local people on dating sites can be fun.

Puff, Skittles, Bella and Maisie: My sweet little girl flock
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I have heard that it can be a very successful way of meeting friends ~ and even partners smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site