RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
jilly #388187 11/05/09 11:27 AM
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
LOL the range of hobbies is infinite! The key is figuring out where your worlds intersect, how how you find find a new hobby you both want to learn together.

How about going on photo-taking quests?

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Well, we don't have any cameras right now, and also he told me he doesn't want to get back into photography, as he then spends that much more time on the computer getting his photos just right. Otherwise I'd like that.

I need more hobbies suggestions, pls! I can't think of anything we could actually both enjoy together.

jilly #388208 11/05/09 12:11 PM
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Hmmmm. OK, no photography.

How about hooking up with a local nature group that needs to keep track of a certain type of species, like lizards or birds or geckos or something, and going out to keep an eye on them? You could get to really know the creatures of your area and even start to know individual ones ...

Lisa Shea, Owner
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Jilly

I read your posts about your marriage ~ which is quite a personal matter, I feel ~ but with your photo on your posts, and with your names mentioned, do you not worry that he might be unhappy about this ~ or that some of your friends and neighbours, etc, might read this and learn about your very private business?

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I love birding! I did try to interest dan in that - got some books and binocs and lists - but he had zero level interest.

There has got to be something. Maybe something goofy, like learning to make paper mache bowls and decorating them together to give out as gifts this xmas. I wonder if he'd do that.

Maybe we could explore zoos together?

Aha, maybe take a community college class together! We both love school.

jilly #388216 11/05/09 12:30 PM
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
oooo a love of learning - that is definitely a good thing to focus on! Yes grab a local community college course catalog and have a ton of fun brainstorming ideas! That by itself could be a week of fun smile

Lisa Shea, Owner
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Okay, that is the plan then - fun school classes. We will have fun with the planning and buying the books and doing our homework together.

And I will also bring up the zoos and see what he thinks about paper mache. That could be good messy fun.

PDM, Dan knows I actively try to seek help on my life issues in supportive online forums. We have a fully honest relationship and has no issues with this type of discussion. But thank you for your caring concern! smile

jilly #388243 11/05/09 03:07 PM
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Yes certainly any creative craft type projects that you can work on together would be awesome. I understand that photography is out - which means you can both learn something new together!

I highly recommend polymer clay, it is SO much fun.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Jilly - I know I have read about communities where you go spend like a week learning new crafts. Each day is spent learning a different craft - I want to think these are put on by Amish communities or Native American communities for some reason. (Auugh - do you ever have a memory stuck in the back of your head that you can't fully access?)

When I say "craft" I'm not talking macaroni art, I mean like rug weaving and glass blowing - true crafts.

I'm gonna have to search and see where I saw this info...

J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
That sounds very interesting, Chelle. I am certainly in native American country here. Maybe we can learn pottery, ropemaking, basket weaving or something. I'd be afraid of the heat in glass blowing! Rugweaving sounds too precise for my nature. smile

Maybe leather-working.

We will see what Dan likes. I have a feeling we would enjoy taking an art history class together.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site