Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#88645 11/14/05 01:11 PM
PDM Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
I was just exploring Lisa's site and noticed a link to this page: http://www.romanceclass.com/

Coincidentally, on Morning TV, they were discussing romantic music and a new CD, on that theme, that has been issued.

So ... some questions ...

Do you believe in love at first sight?

What do you think 'love' is?

What is your favourite romantic song / piece of music?

What makes a good romantic song? / piece of music?

Do you have a favourite romantic poem?

Do you have a favourite romantic film / play?

Any additional thoughts?

Any additional questions?

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
#88646 11/14/05 08:54 PM
V
Best Friend
Best Friend
V
I was nearly going to give this thread a miss, along the lines of "secret woman's " business. then i realised that it dealt with the very same topic I wrote for a speech a couple of years ago. Rather then try and answer all those questions individually, I will try anfd cover them all just by expressing my views.
Before getting into thwe thread I guess we have to accept that there are three areas here Love, romance, and relationships each are distint and seperate identies on their own, Each can exist without the other two Or they can all co-exist with each other as a single emotions.
First Love
We all have experienced it but what is the defination of it? the closest I can come up with Is:
Love is the committment to be there, Unconditionally, for another person or persons.

Romance is that gooey, mushy sentiment we use to express Love. It can be genuine or insincere

Relationships is a contract between two or more subjects.
I feel that the primary one of these is relationship. The reason I say this is that Relationship needs to be in place, before the other two can "co exist" with it.
For a true relationship to exist it needs three things
1. Communication. This is just not talking, but includes listening and constructive responding and debate.
2. compatibility. Again this just doesn't ean "getting along" with someone, it means being able to work together with another person to resolve a problem or issue to a mutural compromise
3. concideration. Once two people enter into a relationship that doesn't mean that they automaticly become one. Each party is still an individual with their own needs and wants so for a relationship to work each party needs to take into concideration the other party's individuality.
If you get all these three things into a relationship then All the rest follows, the Trust, the respect, the love and the romance.
Lose one or more of these three out of a relationship then the trust, respect love and romance is shattered and the relationship is on very shaky ground to say the least

Nobody cares that you can't dance well. Just get up and dance!
#88647 11/14/05 11:22 PM
PDM Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
Yes, I must agree with those thoughts, Vince, but "secret woman's " business??? smile

Surely, most romances involve both men & women, even if not both at the same time? smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
#88648 11/14/05 11:45 PM
V
Best Friend
Best Friend
V
Secret women's business
It's usually the women who do the whispering about the mushy romancing stuff, us male are more of the action type. cool

Nobody cares that you can't dance well. Just get up and dance!
#88649 11/15/05 06:27 AM
S
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
S
Quote:

What is your favourite romantic song / piece of music?
'Evergreen' by Barbra Streisand
'Iris'... Goo Goo Dolls
"Let's Stay Together"... Al Green
"What a Wonderful World"... Louis Armstrong
"One".... U2
"You're Making My Dreams Come True"...Hall & Oats
"8 Days A Week"...The Beatles
"Aint No Mountain High Enough"....Diana Ross
"Don't You Forget About Me"....Simple Minds

#88650 11/16/05 07:47 AM
Best Friend
Best Friend
movie - "Princess bride", NO CONTEST.
song - "total eclipse of the heart", "purple rain", "New kid in town", Nearly any dr Hook tune (ROCK ON MAN......!!!)

but hey, I'm with my man Vince on this (thumps chest).... Damn chick stuff "UG" (cracks top off a beer and scratches unmentionables)

"When will my wife understand that the "silent treatment" isnt actually a punishment?"
#88651 11/16/05 02:13 PM
Best Friend
Best Friend
Yes, I believe in love at first site. I dont think there is a standard definition for love--because there are too many different kinds of love.

My picks for love songs,

She believes in me--Kenny Rogers
Through the years--also Kenny Rogers
Layla--Eric Clapton
Lean on Me-Bill Withers
Tears in Heaven-Eric Clapton
Lady--Lionel Ritchie

As you can tell from my list--I am not real sure what makes a good love song--it just strikes a cord and either works or doesn't. Love lifted Me could be added to the list with anyone who sings the song.

My favorite romantic poem--thats a toughy--Probably--How do I Love Thee--Elizabeth Barrett Browning--then some of Shakespeare's Sonnets--and some of the Psalms are very romantic.

Romantic movies are hard also--Casablanca, An Affair to Remember, The Quiet Man would probably top my list.

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion." Abraham Lincoln
#88652 11/16/05 02:15 PM
Best Friend
Best Friend
Vince:

I think you summed things up very well--without any of the touchy-feely women mushy stuff. laugh

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion." Abraham Lincoln
#88653 11/16/05 04:11 PM
S
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
S
Posted by Mark:
Quote:
Damn chick stuff "UG" (cracks top off a beer and scratches unmentionables)
Whaddaya talkin' 'bout Mark? I do this too! Well, ok, just the crackin the top off a beer part.

#88654 11/16/05 04:22 PM
S
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
S
I'm not sure this would qualify as love as first site but it was more along the lines of like at first site.

The night I met my husband (thru work) I had the proverbial love at first site 'lightning strike'. It wasn't instantly upon meeting but was after we had talked for about 3 minutes. He smiled at me and out of nowhere I felt an electrical sensation hit me from my head to my toes. I remember standing there thinking "what the heck was that?" And from that point forward I liked him immensely.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site