RomanceClass.com
Posted By: Dagny Dating; Where to meet someone and age? - 07/27/10 11:58 PM
My first relationship we met at college through a mutual friend and he asked me out. But now I am not sure how to meet someone else?
A few friends suggested online dating sites since they all met their boyfriends or husbands on an internet site. So, I found one and I registered...but alot of the guys who are messaging me are older than me. I figured I would date people my own age (I am 24) so I figured any age from 21-29 or 30 would be appropriate, especially since this is my second relationship ever...even my mom agreed that guys 30 or older might be too old. But some of the guys messaging me are 32, 34 or so...and my friends say that this is fine. And they point out that their significant others also have a large age gap and it doesn't matter...they say age is just a difference and I will met someone who has differences from me too.
Does it matter?
Plus, I feel really bad when people message me and I am not interested or even attracted to them...I know I am not perfect, and I don't expect another person to be perfect...but I just was not interested in the people over 30 "in that way" frown
Posted By: PDM Re: Dating; Where to meet someone and age? - 07/28/10 02:25 AM
Hi Dagny smile

When people register with a dating agency or site, they cannot expect to like everyone or to be liked by everyone, so I don't think that there is any point worrying about that sort of thing smile

As for age, this is your life, so it is for you to decide what age feels appropriate ~ not your friends. I am guessing that a number of members are older because, until then, they feel that they have plenty of time.

You are right that online dating seems to be popular, but if you do decide to meet up with someone, please be very careful! Try to have some friends nearby and to be in a public area, etc, etc.

Do you belong to any clubs, etc?
Sports, amateur dramatics, book clubs, etc, etc?
Perhaps you need to get out to places where you will meet people.

It sounds as if you have quite a few friends ~ where and how did you meet them?

Remember that 24 is still very young and that you have plenty of time to meet your Mr Right.

Good luck smile
Posted By: Dagny Re: Dating; Where to meet someone and age? - 07/28/10 05:28 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I just felt bad or shallow not liking everyone who messaged me...but your right, some people I messaged must not have felt that way either because after a while they stopped relying.
I am really not sure if I want to meet people I "met" online, but I just figured I would see what is out there. And I decided that if I did meet someone it would be at a very public place like a restaurant.
Plus, I figure dating any guy can be dangerous, whether I met him in person first or online...
I don't belong to any clubs or anything. I just finished college and I am trying to find a job in my area. I hope to, after I get a job and have the money, to get a gym membership because I like exercising and would like to do exercise classes and I know this will open me up to meet more people with that same interest. It would be fun to have a partner who will go to zumba or walking with and if we met at a gym we would probably have that similar interest.
I actually met my friends online too...they are on another forum where we chat too...but I never met them in person.
Posted By: PDM Re: Dating; Where to meet someone and age? - 07/28/10 05:47 PM
I think that the gym sounds like a really good idea.

Cyber friends are great ~ but some 'real' ones would be good for you, too, I think smile

Good luck!

(I like the sound of Zumba, myself smile )
Posted By: Dagny Re: Dating; Where to meet someone and age? - 07/28/10 06:58 PM
I have/had real ones in college, but they are sort of long distance from where I really live...so I have them on Facebook and I also just chat with people online...
Zumba is fun!
Posted By: anny Re: Dating; Where to meet someone and age? - 07/29/10 06:49 PM
Hello good day,
My name is Anny, i am a sweet beautiful loving and caring girl it gives me joy and a great pleasure to write you after viewing your profile which really interest me to have communication with you if you will have the desire with me so that we can get to know each other and see what happened in future.i will send you my picture as soon as you write me through my email for easiest communication. i will be waiting to hear from you. ( dominikanny@yahoo.com ) have a nice day from Anny
© RomanceClass Forum