I do care about her happiness and well-being a lot. And,I always stopped by for a chat everyday to cheer her up or socialize. Even when she is stressed, she tells me and I make her feel better. And that was why I was always available to help her,if not, refer her to someone who can help. It was always a pleasure more than a task. Not once have I ignored, refused, or let her down in any way. I never expected anything in return other than friendship and respect. Being 1 rank senior to her, I was more of a mentor. But it became much more than I expected. Even when we were just friends, I just couldn't stop thinking about her no matter how much logic I put into my mind to detach myself from her. Even had problems sleeping w/o thinking or worrying about her. That all started out when she congratulated me on my advancement. We didn't knew each other much back then and our relationship wasn't even that close. One day she approached to congratulate me, I felt her hand on mine and her other hand caressing on my forearm. Her head was also resting on my shoulder. That really got my attention. I thought it was just another touchy-feely female acquaintance. You know,some are like that. But it was just her I barely knew back then and she isn't into giving any affections. Don't get me wrong, I was turned on by her touching and carressing but wondered why she did this to me and no one else. My mind was saying, "What the ....? That's supposed to be what couples do! ". Maybe she wanted a trusted study partner (maybe even more than that) since both of us were working on our surface warfare pins. After that I took an interest in her and she did the same. One day while walking out of the ship into the pier after being released early on a Friday, I asked her if she could go out with me on a weekend. It took a lot of guts. I was nervous too! Showing respect and somewhat ashamed, I couldn't look her in the eye. Even sort of mumbled too! And herself being a classy woman who is shy and not promiscuous I expected a no. But she agreed with a twinkle in her eye and a genuine smile on her face. My eyes widened and I smiled back as I asked her the time and place. And, being helpful and slowly gaining her trust (she found it hard to trust anyone in a relationship since she has been brokenhearted before), was what brought about our relationship. Wished I'd met her in my younger days. Even though we are in our early 30s, some have compared us to a teenage couple since we both look 10 yrs. younger.

Last edited by Tequila; 07/26/07 12:31 AM.