Well here is the deal. This girl moved to my town in middle school. I didn't know her so well and when we got into high school she had a crush on me. I didn't really know if I liked her and I wasn't ready for a girlfriend although she was really cute and altogether a good person. I was in this class with two of my best friends and we talked about her occasionally and then my best friends started liking her and I thought I could kill two birds with one stone and hook up my friend and get her to stop liking me. Boy was I wrong. I totally screwed myself over. To make a long story short she never liked him and he was infatuated with her. I began seriously liking her several months later but my friend kept asking her out and she *kind of* lead him on... they were voted on some type of dance court together and such.

Well over the summer I let it die down a little but I was adamant about asking her out during the year to the Homecoming dance which was a month into the school year. Guess what, this other guy asked her on a date a couple of days before I was going to ask her and right away they started dating.

This wouldn't have been a problem if I could just let it go but if you understood how great she is you would definitely realize I made a big mistake.

The thing is... I think she still likes me. I know it actually I can tell, she flirts with me all the time and some of the time I don't even initiate it. I don't know what to do, I like her so much. I don't want to hurt her boyfriend because he is a nice guy: not the greatest boyfriend but a nice guy in general. He knows that I flirt with her and that she flirts back and he gets really jealous but I don't understand.... if he is dating her why should he worry.

That's not the point: the point is I have no idea what to do and everyone tells me to get over her but she is not that kind of person that I can just get over... she is incredible.

Any advice would be much appreciated: should I make my feelings clear or should I wait until he is out of the picture?

Thanks,
screwedinwisconsin