You know, I think that changing your user-name to something more positive could be good!

Thinking positive can help ~ not always , I know, but the more negativity you put forward the more negative you are likely to feel, whereas, if you concentrate on the good things, you are more likely to feel better.

As for counsellors, yes, I suppose they do have to sort exams out, etc, but, if you are feeling really down, and worried about hurting yourself, then they would certainly want to know. Have a quiet chat with one you get on with and say that you really need to talk to them about something serious that is worrying you.

If you know that your Mum has mental health problems, then that must be hard for you, but at least you know that she can't help her outbursts, so try to be objective, even though it is difficult for you. It's probably hard for your Dad, too.

When I was suffering from depression, it was really hard on my husband & my child. At least my husband knew why I was as I was, but my little boy didn't and I still feel guilty about that, even though he has now grown up and forgotten all about it.

Try not to let your school work suffer. It can be an outlet for you & a way to get on when you are older.

It's good that you have friends ~ some people don't and it is very hard for them.

Do you like reading? It is possible to really escape into a good book ~ it would give you a break from the computer as well, and it could be educational. You could even get a book on being positive, etc. I really like some of those self-help books.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.