It's always painful when the person you are with is cheating. Most people I know have been on either end at least once. I'm sorry you heard about your guy and the way you found out about your guy, but in my opinion, the world has changed....cheating isn't the same as it used to be. Not to say that it's OK, but think about it. Our WHOLE world revolves around sex. It's almost like we are getting pressured into cheating.
People who cheat get something out of it that they NEED...not just a thrill sometimes. I cheated on my husband...and I felt BAAAAAAAAAD. I even seeked help because cheating made me so happy and actually HELPED my (horrible horrible) marriage and I wanted it to work so bad. My therapist actually told me that my cheating was giving me what was missing out of my relationship. My husband and I had no connection, just husband and wife duties. (paying bills, fixing he house, ect....but if we didn't sleep in the same bed, we would've never had seen eachother) The man I was cheating WITH gave me the tenderness and support I desperately needed. My therapist ACTUALLY TOLD ME to continue seeing my side-guy. AGAIN...I'm not saying it was OK, but it's another way to look at it.

I do have to say that my marriage ended...but not because we BOTH were cheating, but because we both agreed that we were too different. His gf supported him how I couldn't and my bf supported me how he couldn't. Even today I feel like I'm missing something in my relationships, but I've been with the same man for 4 years and haven't cheated on him....I'm NOT planning on marrying him ANYTIME in the future though.

Just a thought...sometimes cheating is selfish and ugly and hurtful, but sometimes it's, well....not. Sometimes it can be an open relationship and be healthy for all parties. To each their own, ya know?