About 4 years ago I dated this guy and we loved each other really much. We were only 13-14 year old and we didn't really know a lot about love but we truly loved each other, not those kiddie types of love. After 8 months being together, I broke up with him because I thought he had feelings for another girl that was his "sister" but they weren't blood-related. They were just too close and even though he said he's not "in love" with her and admits that he does "love" her, I couldn't take it, so we broke up. He told me there's a difference between loving someone and being "in" love with someone. I didn't understand that back then. Anyway, he moved on months after, but for me, I stopped missing him 24/7 a year after we broke up and I only stopped missing him completely a year after that. And every time I argue with someone, I think of him and I start missing him because even though about the last half of our relationship we argued a lot, at least he was still mine and knowing that he cared to argue about things. And I tried talking to him in the early 2010, but he was very laconic.
Just last summer in Aug. 2010, I met this other guy and I started loving him because he made me happy. We started dating but we were already arguing over small issues. He's too flirty and he thinks there's nothing wrong with "flirting" around with girls because he thinks it is "funny". He doesn't see what's wrong about that. He doesn't show me the same love my first boyfriend did. Basically everything in this relationship was opposite in the role of what I played in my first. I'm the one always trying to talk things out (unlike the first one where he was the one that always tried to get me back). I spend a lot of time waiting for him (whereas in the first relationship, my ex was the one ALWAYS waiting for me). It's just so difference. I hate my first ex for setting such high standards that I have to make them my expectations from now on....
So in early December was when we started ignoring each other and basically we broke up. And then something weird happened...
My ex from 4 years ago added me as a friend and I accepted.
During this time, I was still talking to my ex because I still love him and he does too but we just can not settle down again. So, we're basically just friends again but knowing we still love each other.
Then one day, my ex from 4 years ago asked if I'm free to grab lunch with him sometime. I told my ex about it and he kind of got jealous and told me to go love him. I told him I don't love my ex from 4 years ago anymore and that the only person I want right now is him but we're so different, we're completely opposite and we always fight.
And then another month of talking to my ex but nothing's changed. We still couldn't get back together and I get mad at him because he started talking to these 2 girls and probably flirting around, but I have no right to tell him to stop or anything. After a week of not talking, yesterday he just started talking to me and then he talked about how one of the girl is always on his mind and stuff and I pretended to be happy and told him that I think she likes him and that he should ask her out. And I said I think he's in love with her because she's always on his mind. He says he doesn't love her and he's not in love with her but he does think about her.
I don't get what he is trying to do right now. it's so confusing.
I don't know what to do right now.
My ex from 4 years ago was the best thing that ever happened to me and now that he is sort of back into my life, I really don't want to lose him again. I want to at least be his friend.
I just don't know what my ex is up to. I don't know if he was saying that to make me jealous or trying to test if I still care. I don't know what to do.

Last edited by Ariel; 02/01/11 10:25 PM.