I'm majorly interested in this one girl, and mildly interested in one of her best friends.

I am great friends with both of them, but maybe better friends with the first.

The first girl I met halfway through freshman year. I really got to know her this sophomore year though. She's really laughy and has a lively personality (as far as I know when I'm around). We interact a lot on Facebook and texts. When we were just friends, our talks would usually be about homework and would be brief, but now we have these long drawn-out convos. At school, she sometimes holds these long stares with me that usually start out as bunch of giggles and smiles then she just looks into my eyes, and then I usually start smiling. It's been going on for three months and I think that's when I started having feelings for her. I can tell I'm pretty much in love with her because when we talk or laugh in person, everyone around me might just have melted away. I don't feel shy around her, but when I try to remember our conversations, I can only recall what she said.
The problem (for me) is there's another guy. Since we didn't go to same middle school, I don't know about their history and I don't want to go out of my way to find out. I know that they used to date and then broke up, but are still great friends. In fact, everyone can say the romance is still going. They hang out with each other ignoring the rumors. This guy took her to homecoming going as friends. The weird thing was the day after he asked her, she was crying because I think another guy who may have liked her hurt her feelings somehow. I wasn't that great friends with her yet, but I assumed it was cause the second guy wanted to take her and he got mad or something. I didn't delve into it, and I was taking someone else. This other guy (ignore the second "mad" guy) is not all the bad guy. He is pretty much the perfect gentleman whom I'm also great friends with. If they have a nice serene friendship/relationship status going on, I don't want to butt in as the douche.

So one of her best friends has a somewhat similar personality but she's different in some ways and I don't think we're as close, but we sometimes flirt, make fun of each other, and
some physical contact now and then. If I got to know her more.

Picking the one that's not complicated isn't easy. It's obvious that I have more affections with the first girl from that wall of text I wrote. I only mention a second girl because the first girl is on vacation in a foreign country and the past few days, the second girl and I are a little closer. If I was hanging out with both of them and other friends I'd devote most of my interests to the first girl.

I don't even know what my question for advice is anymore...what do I do?