RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Glenn Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Ok so heres the deal we have been seperated about 2 1/2 years and we are still married will filed for divorce but never followed through we mediation. We have 6 year old twins just to let you guys know. Ok so anyways how we broke up was we had been working opposite shifts for a little while and so when I came home she would be leaving to work and so we were just to busy to do anything or spend time with each other and when we did go out she would go out with her friends and I would watch the kids and then when I would go out she would so that was the way it was for a while which made me a mean guy cause I could see what was happening to us but I was to immature to try to talk about it so I turned into a real [censored] so I was always yelling for no reason and just being plain ass mean never nothing physical im not like that but I was just mean never called names except stupid and dumb oh and idiot those were the words I used when I was mad but anyways so how we seperated was I went out with friends and that night I noticed females in a way that I never have before and ofcourse all guys look at women and think things but the actuall feeling of wanting to do something was not there until that night so nothing happen with me that night but I went home and told me wife I wanted to take a break for a bit because of how I was thinking and I did not want to cheat on my wife so we said I would go stay with my friend for a week and then comeback and we would decide what we would do so anyways during that week I went out with friends one night and met someone and I did kiss her and had a long talk with her and really clicked or so I thought but it was exciting cause I found the passion and that new feeling that I had lost in my marriage so while that feeling was racing through my body I foolishly went and told my wife I want to seperate and so we did and then I started to see this girl that I had met and about 3-4 months after I started seeing this girl we had A fight and me and her stop seeing each other then me and my wife started talking and seeing each other again for a couple weeks then the girl I had started to see called and I told my wife i was just not ready and I wouldnt be able to be true to her so once again i left her (biggest mistake of my life) and started to see that girl again so we ended up seeing each other for almost 2 years then I realized I missed my wife and that I married her because she is and always will be my soulmate so now to current date I have been on my own in my condo for over 6 months now with anybody just trying to focus on myself and getting her back because now im older and I have relized who I am and how to comunicate my feelings too bad it has cost me everything but anyways so it has been hard for me to do much cause my mind thinks about my wife 24/7 and we are on real good terms like good friends butshe just says that she see's im a better man but she dont see herself ever liking me in that manner again and I tell her well I'll will pine for you for the rest of my life and try to fix what I have broken which brings me here I would like to here from women that have any to tell me to how to go about getting my wife and life back I will take good and bad comments. thank you ahead of time, GLenn

A
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
A
Glenn:

Move on brother. Rebuild your life...date other women...find some interests that are truly your own. Move ahead without your ex. And if....IF...one day she comes back to you...great! But move ahead like it isn't going to happen, man!

Either you're moving backwards, moving forwards or standing still.

http://livingstoncooks.blogspot.com/
Perception is reality.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Glenn, it sounds, to me, as if the grass is always greener on the other side. When you are with your wife and children, it is tedious and you want romance & excitement; when you are dating other girls you want the safety and companionship and security of your wife and family. This sounds immature, but understandable in some ways. Are you, though, really settled and mature enough to know what you now want out of life, and are you willing to devote yourself to it?

All marriages can become a bit mundane, when jobs and money and childcare are involved; where you are together enough to take each other for granted, but not enough to enjoy yourselves together and have your own private romance.

Marriages can and do certainly work ~ but they require work.

And whether or not yours has or could work, you still have two children, to whom you owe dedication and love.

Maybe you and your wife could possibly make things work again, but I think that you would need some help ~ relationship counselling.

However, after all this time, maybe you have left it too late for the marriage, but not too late for friendship, support and playing a real part in the life of your family.

If it works ~ great, if not, then you can still be there for them, playing an important part in their lives, but 'pining' is not going to win her over, positive activity might.

As for dating other women, Argyll might be right, but I'd leave it a while, since you seem to have had problems knowing who you wanted to be with, and dating others added to the confusion.

I'd concentrate on being a good, decent, supportive ex, with no pining, or expectations, or pleas ~ just look after you kids and be a supportive father to them, and give your ex whatever it is she needs to help her.

Good luck! smile

And welcome to the forum!

Last edited by PDM; 09/18/07 10:12 AM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Companion
Companion
I'm just 13 and I'm a boy but I just wanted to say you seem like one of the best dads in the world, you care so much for your wife and kids it just hurts to see this happen, I hope you have a great new start if you decide to do that and if not I hope you and your ex can get back together and be a really happy family! If it doesn't work out, there are plenty of fish in the sea and although no one may be as caring and loving as your ex, people are always there for you! I hope all goes well!

Sincerely,
Ian

D
D
If shes the one you want to be with then its worth fightng for. I understand why shes saying dat she will never like you in that way, its because you have hurt her so badly and she can't forget. She doesn't really know how long you are going to stick around this time. I am sure deep down her heart she still loves you but she is just scared of being hurt again. Just take one step at time and be patient with her don't beg her too much. Just continue being friends with her and sumtimes offer to take the kids to the park or swimming and ask if she would like to cum along. Im sure after spending a lot of time together she will start to feel the old times and seeing how commiteed you really are this time.

hope it all works for you man

wish you all tha best.

Last edited by devonte; 10/06/07 08:27 AM.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site