Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#208853 08/20/07 05:10 AM
T
tywan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
WELL IVE BEEN WITH THIS GURL OFF AND ON SINCE MY JR. YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL AND NOW I DONT KNOW IF I EVER REALLY LOVED HER OR AM I JUST GETTING SCARED NOW THAT THINGS ARE GETTING MORE AND MORE COMPLICATED. SHES 7 MONTHE PREGNANT AND WITH SOME OF THE THOUGHTS THAT ARE GOING THRU MY HEAD I DONT KNOW IF THE CHILD IS MINE FOR SURE, AND IM SCARED TO ASK HER TO GET A DNA TEST DONE AFTER THE BIRTH. HER BEING PREGNANT SEEMS LIKE THE ONLY THING KEEPING US TOGETHER RIGHT NOW. I DONT WANT TO STRESS HER OUT WHILE SHES PREGNANT BUT I DONT REALLY WANT TO BE WITH HER ANYMORE, I THINK. SHES THE ONLY GURL IVE EVER BEEN WITH MY ENTIRE LIFE AND I DONT WANT TO CONTINUE ON THIS COURSE. IM ONLY 19 IVE ONLY BEEN WITH ONE GURL AND I KNO THAT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT BUT I DONT KNO IF I SHOULD STAY WITH HER AND JUSS PRAY THAT THINGS EVENTUALLY CHANGE YOU KNO (DO IT FOR THE CHILD) OR DO WHATS BEST FOR ME (DO WHAT I KNO WILL MAKE ME HAPPY, EVEN IF IT MEANSNOT BEING WITH THE MOTHER OF... "HOPEFULLY," MY CHILD)

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT SHOULD I DO??
ANY ADVISE IS GOOD ADVISE

R
R
First of all: sit down and talk to someone. Maybe your mother, father, aunt... They can help you better than we can.

Second is that you should at least know for sure if this is your child. If it is, you should ALWAYS support your child and his/her mother (emotional and, if necessary, financial); you're the father after all. Think good about leaving her: if you still think you should break up, wait until there's the right opportunity and she's ready to handle the situation properly.

If you're not the father, it's not your responsibility. It might sound a bit harsh, but it's the truth. This doesn't mean that you should abandon her immediately. Keep in mind that you've been together for a long time and is someone you (have) love(d).
Be supportive and kind.

G
G
Thinking of giving up now? NO WAY!!!! you have to get up the courage to ask for a DNA test you have the right 2 know. Ask her at a time she is happy and content. Bring it up casually and b sweet and kind. If u she says flat out noo then u could probably interpret it is not ur child or that she is worried to, or if the DNA test turns up ur not the dad then it is safe 2 leave her. If u r the father u rly should stay. My father left me 4 this same reason, and i never met him. it devastates 2 this day. so think about it.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi Tywan

Yes, indeed, to finish with a girl who is pregnant is likely to cause her stress.

To imply that she has been unfaithful and that the child isn't yours would cause her stress.

Do you have any reason to think that she has been unfaithful?

Perhaps it's nerves on your part, or perhaps you have suddenly realised that you don't love this girl, after all, but this is an unfortunate time to discover this ~ especially if the baby is, indeed, yours.

Yes, a DNA test would give you proof, but to ask for one now ... well, how would that make her feel!?

You two need to have a good talk ~ but be prepared for some tears!

And yes, talk to someone else ~ a good person, whom you trust, and who is unlikely to take sides.

Good luck to you, to her, and to the baby.

Remember; babies don't ask to be born and should never be the ones to suffer.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site