Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
X
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
X
Let me explain our situation. I met this guy a 1 year ago, just before he moved to another state. We kept in contact and we both just told each other that we love eachother and how much we want to together. The odd thing is, he has a girlfriend but he tells me he loves me more.I understand, a guys gotta get some :P lol. As of late he has been "distant". hes always busy and doesnt seem to have time for me anymore. I try and try to get in contact with him, via email, calling, or even IM. He wont respond. I dont understand what happend. Everything was going great and them all of a sudden, out of no where, he starts acting like this. I really love him and dont know what to do. I've tried talking to him about it but he says its no big deal and im over re-acting. AM I? Is he really busy or is he ignoring me? AHHH MEN!

Soulmate
Soulmate
Hi, I assume that you are welcoming an opinion because you are posting so here goes.

First, without posting anything too personal, I have had a couple of relationships where I learned a few things the hard way. It may as well benefit someone besides me.

I see you say that this guy just told you that he loves you and how much he wants to be with you. You say you told each other. If the telling each other was pretty much at the same time, perhaps he felt compelled to tell you he loved you if you told him first. There is nothing more awkward than someone telling you that they love you if you don't quite feel the same. Guy's usually just say I love you too. They don't know what else to do, cause they aren't real good about talking about feelings.

But for argument sake, let's say he told you first. You obviously loved him and were happy to tell him you loved him. Now you are able to really show him because it has been said. Now is when he may have been uncomfortable with the level of love and affection you were showing him. It may have made him want to cool it off a little.

As far as the girlfriend goes! What do you mean you understaned a guy's gotta get some:p If he loves you more and you are there then he doesn't need the other girlfriend. Unless you neglected to say that you don't give him any:p Now, we are talking about a whole other thing. If he loves you and I mean really loves you then he would be devoted to you whether there was:p or not. But if he is keeping the other girl for the:p and is telling you that he loves you more then he is playing you so you will give him what he wants which is:p and Love. Or he just wants:p In which case he is really playing you.

In my humble opinion, you shouldn't sell yourself so short. If he really loved you he would be with you since you have made it very clear how you feel. If he loves you he wouldn't be with that other girl for any reason. If he truly loves you both then you need to tell him to decide what he wants(just not yet). Because until you do, you won't know whether he is just playing you to get:p or if he really does love you. If he doesn't give up the girlfriend, then kick him to the curb.

As for why is he suddenly changed? It isn't your imagination, he is just unwilling to tell you the truth. He either doesn't feel as strongly as you do, or he doesn't really care for you like he said. Or he is having a hard time deciding between the two of you.

You are making yourself way to available. You have been tolerant of the other relationship when you shouldn't have been. You have made it easy for him to have you both. When he tells you that it is no big thing, it is because it isn't to him. That is because he has someone to keep him warm. You on the other hand are waiting there for him when ever he gets good and ready to call. You need to give him some time to think about what is going on with you.

Don't call and give him an ultimatum . Don't call period. Don't return his calls for a while. Don't e-mail and don't go where he goes. Get yourself a new look and a hot outfit. Get your nails done. Get your hair done. Get a new piercing. Get an attractive new feminine tatoo on your ankle or back. Loose 5 or 10 pounds. And the next time you see him. Ignore him. Don't tell him you are seeing anyone else. Don't be seen with anyone else. Hang with your girlfriends. When you do get ready to see him again in about 4 weeks minimum. Go someplace where you know he will see you. Be with two girlfriends. Not one, but two. That way it won't look like you are meeting someone. It also won't look like you both are looking to pick someone up. Just an innocent evening out with the girls.

Now, this is the important part, You can talk to him. You can make small talk. You do not let on like you have missed him. You do not tell him what you have been up too. You act like you have been way too busy to even think about him. You don't ask him why he hasn't called. You let him know that he does'nt owe you anything. After all you know he has a girlfriend. Yada yada Yada. YOU DON'T GO HOME WITH HIM. You tell him it was nice seeing him again and you walk out and leave.

He will call. He will probably follow you out. He will be desperate to get together. He will be persuing you now. He will be doing this for one of two reasons. Number one Because he is attracted to you and the male animal likes to persue. Number two he realizes how interesting and attractive you are and really does care. Now is when you have a chance to do it right this time. Don't sell yourself short. If you do talk to him on the phone and he wants to see you. Ask him if he is still seeing his girlfriend. If he is, you tell him that that is never going to work. If he wants to date you he is going to have to break it off with her. Tell him that when he does break it off to call you back. Be sweet and understanding but stick to your guns.

Oh and by the way, if you have been giving:p in the past. Don't do it anymore until you have a committment in the form of a ring. Trust me, If you want him and you want to know if he is serious you have to give him something to work for. He isn't going to be serious about something that he can get any day any time for nothing.

By the way if you think this is manipulation and dishonest. It isn't, it is just stopping what you are doing and realizing that there are men out there that will tell you anything to get what they want and they will do just about anything they want if you are willing to settle for it.

Settleing for it means that if you don't respect yourself and what you have to offer as special and worth them giving up everyone and everything else to be with you then they won't think your special either.

Last but not least; if he does not respond the way I have said when you see him, and if he does not call, then he definitly does not love you. He was just lieing like the dog he is. Don't waste anymore time on this looser and now you know how to treat the next one. Because now you know how to treat your self.

Remember, if you settle for less, that is what you get.

Last edited by PDM; 11/30/07 01:24 AM. Reason: paragraphs for ease of reading
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi xoblondiex0

So, to clarify ~
He says he loves you, but he has moved away to another state, where he has another girl, with whom he is enjoying a sexual relationship?!

Just imagine a friend told you that the boy she loves has a girlfriend, but she is only for sex because he loves her really. He lives a long way away and is distant when she calls and dismissive when she shows concern about the other girl.

What would you think?

I'm sorry to upset you, but this boy is either leading you on, or leading her on.

Is he thoughtless and uncaring? Is he using you both? Or is he just too immature for a proper relationship?

Be very wary.

Good luck! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
X
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
X
Thank you to you both! I have thought a lot about this and I've decided to end this "lie" of a relationship. Your both right, if he loves me, why is there another girl? why arnt we connecting like we use to? I did find out from his friends that he has been very busy lately, so that was a little relief. I know its an unwritten rule but,I made him listen to everything I had to say about "US". I told him all my feelings and what I thought. I think I got through to him.

Joandboys-your post was very informative. It was like reading cosmopolitan lol. I understand completely what your trying to say, but I hate playing the dating game. When the woman never calls the man, the men are the ones to make the first moves, talking makes you seem clingy. Those sort of things I dont really care about. Most of the men I've dated, and even boys in highschool, all said I was a nice change. They could be who they were and me the same.

PDM- As weird as this sounds, I never thought of this as coming from a friend. IT really changed my thinking alot

Im going to let him be with his girlfriend. As much as I hate being apart from him, there is nothing I can do at this point.

Best Friend
Best Friend
You are better for it and now can move on to find someone who truly loves you for who you are and only who you are.

Never forget:
Leaf - 11/5/07
Louie - 1/25/08
Bill - 4/16/08
Papeete - 4/21/08

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site