RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
austin1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Okay well I just started college back in September, 2007, I'm 18 years old. In my math class for fall quarter I got to know this girl (19) and she gradually grew on me, talking to each other everyday in class and we eventually became friends. I took her out for dinner and dessert and a drive through the country one day even. We talked to each other almost everyday on the phone. Then winter break came along and she went home which is like 5 hours away. Expecting for her to communicate w/ me like she had been she didn't really at all and it wasn't until winter quarter started that she started making contact with me again, you know saying that 'we should get lunch sometime' and she'd like to see me sometime. Well at this point I've become infatuated you could say with this girl, wanting to take it to the next level and start a relationship. So about 6 weeks into the quarter (about 5 days ago) our schedules finally line up enabling us to go to a local coffee shop and sip coffee and just sit back and talk for like an hour. She gave me a long hug when she got there and when we left she gave me another hug and a kiss on the cheek. She was going home on Wednesday right before valentines day and currently isn't going to be back till next week. So I sent a valentines card to her house and she sent me a message saying thanks for it, and we sent messages back and forth for while and then I asked her if she wanted to get lunch next week and she just stopped replying totally. This girl is driving me crazy, I don't know what to think of her or me or if she just wants to be friends or idk. I don't believe she has a boyfriend at home. I don't know if she's just playing me or what.....

Anyone have any advice?
Thanks in advance!

T
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
T
it really doesnt sound like she's trying to blow you off or anything. I think perhaps she may not want to jump into anything. That first year of college is a very stressful time (I'm also 18, in my 2nd term of college) and a serious relationship is the last thing on my mind. I say give it time and see how it works out.

A
austin1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: The_Zookeeper
it really doesnt sound like she's trying to blow you off or anything. I think perhaps she may not want to jump into anything. That first year of college is a very stressful time (I'm also 18, in my 2nd term of college) and a serious relationship is the last thing on my mind. I say give it time and see how it works out.

thanks, yeah I feel ya on the stress level lol.
its just I haven't been in a relationship for SO long and I yearn for one ever so badly, all the puzzle pieces seemed to line up with her at first but it doesn't seem to be fitting together like it used to, or like it should.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Maybe there are problems at home or something.

Good luck & welcome to the forum.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
A
austin1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: PDM
Maybe there are problems at home or something.

Good luck & welcome to the forum.

Thanks! Well, you know she has been saying that her parents aren't getting along all that well and that her and her mom aren't getting along very well either. But how would that affect the situation?

Last edited by austin1; 02/18/08 03:21 PM.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
It could affect her in many ways ~ her health, her feelings, her energy levels, the amount of time that she can devote to other things & other people.
Consequently, it could affect the whole situation.
It may be giving her a lot of worries, which are personal, and cannot be easily shared.
All sorts of things.

A
austin1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: PDM
It could affect her in many ways ~ her health, her feelings, her energy levels, the amount of time that she can devote to other things & other people.
Consequently, it could affect the whole situation.
It may be giving her a lot of worries, which are personal, and cannot be easily shared.
All sorts of things.

That's true, thanks for that insight. We haven't made contact since Friday btw....
Hmph, I think I'm just going to wait it all out and see what happens. I should probably be focusing more on school I guess.

A
austin1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Well, I think things are starting to turn around.
We were on AIM a couple nights ago talking, we got into some private, in-depth stuff for several hours and when we said our goodnight's she told me she loved me. I told her love you too darling. Ever since we are talking to each other everyday and I told her I'd like to spend more time with her and she said I agree!...
So are things looking up or am I being setup for some severe heart-ache?
I wouldn't expect the heart-ache if it wasn't that I've had my heart broken many times. Idk I'm just scared it will happen again.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
It's understandable that you should be concerned, but you can't expect that every girl will break your heart, just because others have.

There is no way of me knowing whether this girl is genuine or setting you up or not, but why not go for the positive view & hope for the best? smile

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site