RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
I don't care if he's worried about that! he should trust me enough to make my own decisions. I'm NOT a little girl anymore!

I will never try to understand him and I will never accept the fact that he wants to break us up. He doesn'is happy, we just have to go with it? I don't think so!

Perhaps your writing idea could work, but I won't ask my aunt to help me. I've had enough of the adults in my family.

"My name is my law"
Regular
Regular
From responses, and with respect to all concerned, perhaps this writer's intention to be helpful was innapropriate to the ongoing discussion so the earlier material is withdrawn and replaced with this explanation (because the time for deleting it had apparently expired).

With best wishes for an amicable solution within your family.

Thanks For Visiting !!

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
You are a little over a year older than my daughter.
No, she is not a child any more ~ but she is certainly not an adult and I doubt that I will consider her an adult in the next year or so.

If I were your father, I would probably feel the same way about you ~ even though 16-year-olds can legally marry here.

My friend wouldn't even allow her girls to start dating until they were 16.
I allow it, but with many rules and conditions. Both sets of parents take & collect them; they can be together in groups, in public places, or with parents nearby; they must not let things go too far ~ hand-holding, hugging, chaste kisses are ok ~ no more.

I, too, would be worried about love-bites ~ there's just something about them. They are very visual ~ they send messages to the world. Those messages tend not to be positive ones.

At 16, I felt quite old ~ and to be honest, I don't think that I have changed very much, as a person, since then ~ even though I am now middle aged.

But, to a parent, 16 years flies by. To your father, it must seem like no time at all since you were a baby.

Parents worry. He has no-one to share his worries about you with, so he goes into emergency mode. That's what parents often do when they are frightened or worried.

I'm guessing that he is scared that you may become pregnant, be abandoned, get a disease, get hurt, have to give up your education, etc, etc.

He sees you growing up and realises that your life doesn't always involve him, which can be frightening for a parent.

Show him that you can trust him. Earn his trust.

He will gradually come to see you as a young woman, rather than as a child, anyway, as you grow into your later teens. Show him patience and understanding ~ and hope that he can do the same for you.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
No offense, but I don't get how all of this helps me right now. My dad wants to break us up. If I refuse, he kicks me out once I finish high school and he made that quite clear. He doesn't want anything to do with me if I stay with my boyfriend.

"My name is my law"
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Ashes of Love
To ma'am PDM: My dad knows I have a boyfriend and has met him quite a long time ago. He isn't against me having a boyfriend, but he did say that I should be 16 FIRST before I got involved with someone. But he bent that rule.

Has you father explained why he has changed his mind?

Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Because of that stupid xxxxxxxx lovebite! He thinks we overstepped the boundaries and that I have no self-respect.

I mean, what the xxxx?! How could he just jump down my throat like that?!

Last edited by PDM; 01/18/09 05:14 PM.

"My name is my law"
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Well, parents don't like them.

I wouldn't like it, either. I might wonder what else could be going on.

But you have time to rebuild his trust in you ~ and in your boyfriend.

Companion
OP Offline
Companion
He won't listen to me. The last time I practically begged for him to stop shouting at me. But now... I feel like my hopes and dreams with my boyfriend are all gone... frown

"My name is my law"
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Give him time to cool off and try to put yourself in his position.
He may yet change his mind, if you can be nature and responsible about it, and he can learn to trust you again ~ that you will not go past certain boundaries.

Companion
OP Offline
Companion
I've made up my mind about what I'm gonna do.

Once I get back to school, I'm gonna organise a meeting with my social worker and my dad. I keep a journal on how I feel and there's an entry in there that I want my father to read. I want to do it with her because I want her to read it first. This is my only chance to fix what I've done. I hope it works out, though, because if it doesn't, I've run out of options.

To ma'am PDM: I want to send you a copy of the journal entry, just to give you a bit more insight on this matter.

"My name is my law"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site