Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
L
He was my first boyfriend ever and I dated him for two months. We are both in college. In the beginning he was so caring and attentive. He texted me a lot even though he had to pay per text. We would take long walks holding hands and we would cuddle on the couch when we watched movies. Something changed in him w/in a few days. He got less caring and attentive. He was in a bad mood and would put me in a bad mood even though I had nothing to do w/his problems. I was hurt by him not texting me when we didn't see eachother. On top of everything he was cheap (no choclates or roses ever and he always spent a sum of money on himself). I just wanted him to show that he was thinking about me. He never listened when I tried to talk to him about his mood swings and one day I got so fed up that I broke up w/him over facebook. He thought it was a joke and we decided to be friends. I cut him off completely because he was being even more cold. It seemed to me that he was very immature and not ready for a relationship. I miss the guy I met two months ago so much. How can I cope?

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Luvanimalsdearly
I just saw your previous post and am sorry that you didn't receive a response.

I'll add it here as it might be relevant:
Originally Posted By: Luvanimalsdearly
All my creatures are doing fine. My new boyfriend of about 2 months changed a little since we started going (I know thats normal, but this is starting to worry me). Yesterday we were went to a basketball game together with his parents and he was very friendly toward me. This morning he calls to ask me if I had put the tickets thats we got yesterday up fpr sale. No good morning or anything personal like that in the message. i let it go. Later we were chatting on facebook no how was you day or anything like that. He called me again to help him pick out clothes for his job interview tomorrow and yet again no how was your day or anything personal like that. Is this normal? He used to do it other days. Is he just so busy that it slipped his mind? I'm a little hurt and I hope I am not overreacting. Please help.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Your first boyfriend is usually going to be special, but, in this case, what started as a lovely partnership turned into something colder quite quickly.

Maybe your hopes and ideals were rather high, or maybe he really was too moody and too lacking in affection. Either way, he wasn't making you happy ~ the whole scenario wasn't making you happy.

You are bound to miss him, because, being your first boyfriend, he will always hold a special place in your heart.

Plus, you probably miss simply having a boyfriend ~ the romance, the fun, the attention, etc.

Think carefully.
Think back to your time together.
Do you think that you made the right decision to finish with him?

If he wasn't right for you, then you did the right thing, and, though you will miss him and miss having a boyfriend for a while, you will soon get used to the situation, and you will be free to meet the right person for you.

Of course, you may have decided that he was the right person for you, after all ~ but if you do think this, then give the matter some real consideration before going back to a relationship that you will not be happy in.

You are only 20, I think, so there is plenty of time to find Mr Right.

Good luck smile

L
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
L
Thanks so much! I do miss having a boyfriend, but in the end he did not act like a boyfriend at all and I will never go back to him. That post that you put reminded me about how hurt I got when he did that. My parents and friends were not happy w/the way that he was treating me. They were happy when I left him cause they did not want me to be trapped. They were wary when he showed his cheapskate side (I know that he is a struggling college student, but he would spend a good amount of money on himself. He never surprised me w/anything, just wanted a chocolate or even a single rose, something that showed that he cared about me and thought about me). I was so excited this semester because there would be something other than studying. I met him at the beginning of the semester and its so weird not having him there for the last few weeks. I was so happy that I would have someone special to spend summer w/, something to look forward to after finals. I hope that in the future, though I will reserve my feelings that I will be comfortable letting someone back in. He stole my heart and then broke it pretty badly. I fell so hard for him and I really regret doing that. I kept giving him excuses for everything and in the end I got extremely fed up w/his attitude. I will always remember him, but he will not hold a special place in my heart because I cared for him and he hurt me w/out even caring about my feelings. I hope that can get him out of my heart.

Last edited by Luvanimalsdearly; 05/05/10 12:03 AM.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
When you find the right one, your heart will be mended ~ and I am sure that you will find him smile

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site