RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
Basically the situation goes like this:

I have this ex-girlfriend. Our relationship has still been her longest and I still have no real idea why we broke up. We broke up about a year and a half ago.

Since the break-up, her and I have remained good friends. I am also the only ex-boyfriend who she still remains in contact with. Now, she does and says things that I am not sure if I should take them as just friendly interaction or possibly something more. Her are some examples:

Recently she just went to Arizona. She was gone for a week and we talked every single day. Plenty of those conversations were started by her. Most of our interaction was over Facebook since it was the easiest distance medium, but there were phone conversations as well. She told me we had to see a movie in theaters together when she got back and talked about watching another movie at my house. One night as we were talking, my computer had some problems. When it booted me offline, I came back online to find several messages from her telling me to get online and asking were I was. She told me she was going to take many photos "just for me" while she was gone. She invited me to go camping with her this weekend, which I would've liked to do if I wasn't so busy. But, she knew I was busy and still tried to see if I could go. I was the first person of all her friends that she thought of asking and she told me I had to go on the next trip next month.

One thing she said that I found interesting was, randomly, she told me to go outside and look at the stars so her and I would be looking at the same stars. To me, that seemed like a sort of romantic thing to say? She also puts many smiley faces in her response. Judging by her Facebook, I was basically the only person she had talked to. I know other people had talked to her and she had ignored them, but she always responded to me, even hours later.

This last example is probably the least conclusive and probably stupid to include, but I will list it anyway. When I saw her today, I noticed she was wearing a new ring which happened to be a mood ring. After a while I noticed that the color of the ring was Indigo, the color know for meaning "highly-passionate, joyful, very romantic, etc." I know that is nothing to rely on, but I found it, um, interesting? That and I noticed the ring changed colors when she was talking to her her brother and a female friend of hers. When I asked her what that indigo meant, she said it meant she was "chill," an obvious fib. But enough about that.

So what do you all think? Is there enough examples her to prove that she likes me romantically, possibly even ready to try our relationship again? Or is this all just friendly interactions that I am reading too much into? I am going to dinner with her on Wednesday, should I make a move of some sort or just steer clear? Advice please and thanks.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi & welcome smile

I could be wrong, but she does seem to be talking romantically ~ especially about the stars.

Maybe you could ask her, when you are dining with her on Wednesday, if she would like to try again ~ that is, if you want to try again. Then you will know.

Good luck smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
J
OP Offline
J
Of course I would like to try again! I also forgot to mention that I play the guitar and piano and she has told me she wants to write a song ABOUT her. Whether or not I do that I still don't know yet, but maybe I just go to dinner and see how things go? And then see what she wants to do?

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hope it goes well! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
J
OP Offline
J
Thank you smile

J
OP Offline
J
So we went to dinner last night and everything seemed really good. I drove us there and back. At dinner, we laughed, we talked, we joked. During conversation, she said a couple times how she knows me so well that she knows what I will do or say. After dinner we went back to her house to watch a movie together. On the way to her house, a song came on the radio and she was singing along to it. After the song ended, she said, "Did you know you are the only person out side my family I will seriously sing in front of?" This comment made me feel rather special actually. During the movie, she kept playing with me. She would cover my eyes with her hands, or flick my ear or something. I would pull her hand away from my face and grab her hand, but (not trying to seem too forward) I would let her hand slip out of mine and our last two fingers would catch and hold on for a second. After the movie was over, I told her I was gonna leave and she said, "No." She laying on the floor and was kicking the back of my legs and starting to wrestle with me, so I played along and ended up staying longer. When I finally did leave, she gave me a nice hug and rubbed me on the back. And that was our evening...any thoughts?

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site