Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#263298 02/28/08 05:06 PM
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Um, hi ^^ This year I'm finally trying a relationship. Yeah, I've never been in one before. I've had my first kiss last year but I've never thought of doing anything serious. So yeah. I knew this guy since last year. He's sweet and cute and everything. Yeah, I can't think straight and whatnot with him in my mind. Clichè, I know. So he's been by boyfriend' since Valentine's Day this year. More clichèness. I'm the one that asked though ^^! We went to the movies once last year and it was cool. He had his first kiss with me and we're really into each other. I never thought anyone would ever fall in love with a girl like me, because: 1. I'm emo 2. I'm psychotic (need I say more?) and cold 3. I have breakdowns or breakouts (either falling into depression or going into such a rage that no one can even touch me) 4. I can't walk right (been diagnosed with a problem in my legs) 5. I cut myself (or I used to. stopped it) But hey, he puts up with me. We're both weird. Anyways, I was hoping I could ask you guys for pointers for first timers like myself. My friends were quite shocked that I'm inexperienced because I talk as if I had experience. Advice, pwetty pwease?

"My name is my law"
T
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
T
Have you ever sought professional psychological help? I'm not trying to be rude here or anything, but self injury and depression are both very serious matters. It's great that you've found someone that accepts you for who you are (haha, I still haven't) but it seems like this might be something you're not quite ready for. (but it's okay if you are!! trust me, it's not a bad thing!)
by the way, how old are you?

if he is really comfortable with you as a perrson, then just be yourself, i guess. if he knows who you are and what you're like, then he knows what he got himself into and he knows what to expect. don't let the xxxxxx things in life get you down, and realize that this may be the start of something. try and be happy =]
(even though i know that may be hard sometimes)

welcome to the forum, and I hope to see you stick around here.

Last edited by PDM; 02/29/08 02:43 AM.
Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Thanks for the reply. I haven't spoken to anyone professional about the cutting thing but I have gone for the whole dperession do. I'm much better now than a while ago. My friends helped me a lot when I couldn't talk to an adult.

I've just turned 15yrs old. Yeah, it's embarrassing really. I look younger than what I am.

Last edited by RavenWind; 02/28/08 06:13 PM.

"My name is my law"
M
Companion
Companion
M
First off just be yourself, you shouldnt change for anyone. I dont want to be a downer or anything but also dont get too caught up with this guy, like dont make him your world, you are still really young and have alot ahead of you. I was 15 when i met my now husband, we had a baby when i was 18 and then got married when i was 19. I love him alot dont get me wrong, but sometimes i just wish that i had lived a little more before i got really serious with him. But anyways just be yourself and if he really likes you then that is all that should matter.

T
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
T
it's always good to have supportive friends, everyone needs someone they can talk to. the thing is, can you be entirely, absolutely, open with your friends? a professional would really be of great assistance in many areas. Some things like this are really hard to get through by yourself, and having an adult there that passes no judgement is a good thing.
just a thought.

anyway, since you're only 15, just take it slow and be yourself. there's nothing really else you can do. also, this is cliche but true:
dont let him (or anyone else)talk you into or force you to doing something you dont want to do or are not comfortable with.
=]]]

Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Thank you ^^. I try not too get to excited about him. I've read and heard a lot about first time boyfriends so I know quite a few possible outcomes. I always do my homework before jumping into something.

Well, yesterday he tried to french kiss me and I stopped him. Both he and I are clear about being open with each other and telling each other when we feel uncomfortable. I just don't think I was ready for that.

I can talk to my friends about anything. They've helped me a lot even while I was seeing a professional and I could always count on them when things got rough.

Oh yeah, the thing between me and him is a secret to both our families. My dad will freak if he found out coz I'm the eldest daughter, he's a single parent and I live with him.

Last edited by RavenWind; 02/28/08 06:45 PM.

"My name is my law"
T
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
T
that's never fun. my best friend hid her "relationship" with her boyfriend from her parents for i think 5-6 months or so. eventually they did find out, but thank god they didnt freak. (her parents are verrrrry overprotective)
sometimes hiding it is the worst thing to do, though.
(like you, both her and her boyfriend were hiding it from their parents-- and they were 17 and 18) but both sets of parents ended up being okay with it.

T
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
T
Originally Posted By: RavenWind

Well, yesterday he tried to french kiss me and I stopped him. Both he and I are clear about being open with each other and telling each other when we feel uncomfortable. I just don't think I was ready for that.

you go girl! hhehehe.

Originally Posted By: RavenWind

I can talk to my friends about anything. They've helped me a lot even while I was seeing a professional and I could always count on them when things got rough.

those are some really great friends you have =]

M
Companion
Companion
M
If you tell you dad or he finds out and he freaks out or acts wierd its probably because you are the oldest and this could be a scary thing for him specially being a single parent.

Companion
OP Offline
Companion
Yeah. Last year he told me that if I had a 'special friend', he's cool with it as long as my academics don't suffer. Dunno if he changed his mind though. My boyfriend's mom said the same thing to him.

"My name is my law"
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site