RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
I would like people’s opinion on whether or not she is interested in me or if my infatuation for her is making me see what I want to see. This will be a long post, so will apologise in advance. We both work in the same store but in different departments, however they are right next to each other. She often comes into my department at lay-by and helps me when I need it and sometimes even when I don't. Sometimes she will come and with her arms open for a hug, and bumping hips to knock each other. On 2 or 3 times I could have sworn I felt her hand on my butt. On some other occasions she has rested her head on my shoulders and I have reciprocated, as well as her standing behind me and leaning in to a point where I could feel her breasts against my arm. Sometimes when I am at the back at lay-by she will come and follow me and stare at me innocently. At best we get to see each other at work once a week. On one occasion a manager asked if we were dating/seeing each other because we talk a lot. About a week ago on my day off, when I was shopping at work, me and girl started talking, and when I was about to go, she asked me to stay while she was on shift so we could just talk. On this occasion, the same manager as above, saw us talking and said stuff along the lines of if you want to keep talking, go out for dinner, or arrange a time, but me and the girl were laughing it off. A few days later, I was training that girl for another part of the store, and I jokingly said we better stop talking otherwise that manger will see us and go off again. And she started mimicking the manager from before, but specifically mimicking/mentioning the going out for dinner part. We chat on Facebook, and she has given me the nickname Big Bear and boo boo, while I have called her little Bear. That is mostly on Facebook, but she has called me either of those names in store a few times. Almost all the time, I am the one to initiate conversation. On my off days, I sometime try find an excuse to be in the store when she is on or about to finish, just to speak to and see her. On 1 or 2 occasions we have had some boost juice together after work. On a recent occasion I came in to see her, she asked if wanted to get some juice smoothies, which eventually turned into going to a kebab place instead, that I had recommended. We ordered separately but when, asked if we were together she said together and paid for both Just before I was about to say separately( I did not want to presume too much/ seem to eager). I then bought drinks for us to kind of make up for it. During our talks, she even brought up an old conversation on Facebook we had about how coke was better in a can. She broke up with her boyfriend about 2 months ago because, he wanted to take a break from the relationship and she did not. I look similar to her ex in that we are of average height, big build, and beards/facial hair. I've mentioned all this to friend about how I feel for the girl, and he thinks she does like me. And as recently as last Friday, my friend saw how I and the girl interact at work, and saw how sometimes she would seek me out to talk. So what do you guys think a potential girlfriend, or just a very personable and outgoing individual?

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi smile

It could be that she is attracted to you, or it could be that she is a friendly girl who just really likes you as a friend.

Since the people who know you, and see you together, think that this could be the beginnings of a romance, then maybe they are right.

How to find out?
Ask her out for that dinner and see what happens smile
Good luck!

Last edited by PDM; 10/18/10 02:10 PM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
MW1 Offline
Companion
Companion
My opinion: She could be into you - but you'll never know unless you ask her out - could be something as simple as going to the park or on a hike (if you like outdoor activities). Seems to me like you know her pretty well and could figure out somethign low-key to do with her that doesn't involve your work-place... a good, get to know you better sort of thing.

Go for it!! Otherwise you'll never know!

F
OP Offline
F
Thanks for the words of advice, and there have been a few more happenings between us and some unexpected news from a friend. 1. Last night after work, we were both waiting for our rides home, we were just chatting, and her lift home arrived, and we said goodbye. She then came towards me in the manner for a kiss on the cheek, which I did. It's the first time this has happened between us. 2. Tonight during work, she hugged me from behind unexpectedly, after she hugged another guy after he apologised to her for calling her fat. They are friends anyway. Also on a previous occasion, a manager has commented on how the girl I like is fat/ put on weight, and I was having words with the manger about saying things like that. She (the one I like) thanked me afterwards for standing up with her about it. She is definitely not fat, according to other staff, so I’m not being biased because of my feelings for her 3. Also during work tonight, she did the thing again where she comes up and just rests her head on my head/neck/shoulder area. 4. Tonight I was training the girl and asked if she was confident enough or would she prefer to receive a bit more training. She said she would like a bit more training, but only if it was me training her. I'm thinking that this one is a pretty good sign/signal. In our store, there are only 3 people at the front, myself, her and a door greater who is about 20 meters/yards away from us, so we do have a bit of privacy from other staff in other departments. 5. I have on previous occasion asked, if she wanted to come with me and my friends to a movie/lunch, and that she could bring her friends if she wanted, but she declined the invitation, because her family was having lunch with some friends. 6. This one really got my attention. A work friend of mine told me that he asked the girl out for coffee, he told me that they would make a plan/plan to go after her final school exams, so it's not set in stone yet. I told him that I was surprised, and told him how I felt about the girl. He apologised for "stepping on my toes" and that he had no idea that I like her. I mentioned that it is only him and my best mate at work who knows, and that I’ve had these feelings for about 2-3 months Anyway we both came to a gentlemen’s agreement where would not harm/sabotage each other. So do you think I should ask her out for Coffee, lunch or dinner, considering the extra information? Once again thanks for the advice. P.S. I think I’m over-analysing the whole situation

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
You probably are over-analysing, but I don't blame you. It's only natural. smile

Coffee, lunch, dinner, a walk in the park or a hike ~ or the cimema, theatre, bowling, ice-skating ~ whatever you would both enjoy doing together.
But, since she mentioned dinner, maybe you could start with that.

Good luck smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
MW1 Offline
Companion
Companion
sure you're over-analyzing... but don't beat yourself up for it. I think a majority of us do it. smile

definitely ask her - you don't want that one guy who's already mentioned something to her about coffee to edge you out!! Dinner is a great idea - could do that and bowling - make an evening of it.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site