RomanceClass.com
Posted By: megatron992 Can't tell how my friend feels about me. - 06/14/10 11:45 PM

I have a friend, who I'll call Lauren. We met in highschool, and became fast friends. Eventually, my feelings grew to the point where I told her I was in love with her. She was seeing someone else at the time, and we wound up not talking for a couple years.

A few months ago, she was looking for a place for her gaming group to play, and I suggested my place. They came over, asked me to join their group, and I've been hanging out with them regularly since. Lauren was single again, by this point, but I had gotten over her. Or so I thought. I quickly found my feelings coming right back to me.

At first, she was too busy to hang out with me alone, and when the subject of her finding someone else to date came up, she'd say she was happy being single for the time being.

But, as the group hung out more, she was more willing to hang out with me. We've gone to movies, dinner, she even asked me to come with her to get a piercing, so I could hold her hand. If we're sitting next to each other at a table, she'll practically put her feet on top of mine. If I lean against her a bit, she won't move away. When we were watching movies at her house one night, petting the dog between us, I noticed her hand rubbing up against mine almost as much as it did the dog's head. The other day, out of nowhere, she bought me a stuffed animal, for no apparent reason.

Bottom line, I think she may have feeling for me, but I'm not entirely sure. I care about her, and I'd love to date her, but I don't want to risk losing such a good friend again.
Posted By: PDM Re: Can't tell how my friend feels about me. - 06/15/10 01:31 AM
Hi Megatron. Welcome smile

It certainly sounds as if she likes you and is giving you the message that she is interested.

And you like her.

You are already going out together - which sounds like dating to me.

Couldn't you tell her that you want to be friends, but, if she's willing to give it a try, you'd also like to date her?
© RomanceClass Forum