RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M

I have a friend, who I'll call Lauren. We met in highschool, and became fast friends. Eventually, my feelings grew to the point where I told her I was in love with her. She was seeing someone else at the time, and we wound up not talking for a couple years.

A few months ago, she was looking for a place for her gaming group to play, and I suggested my place. They came over, asked me to join their group, and I've been hanging out with them regularly since. Lauren was single again, by this point, but I had gotten over her. Or so I thought. I quickly found my feelings coming right back to me.

At first, she was too busy to hang out with me alone, and when the subject of her finding someone else to date came up, she'd say she was happy being single for the time being.

But, as the group hung out more, she was more willing to hang out with me. We've gone to movies, dinner, she even asked me to come with her to get a piercing, so I could hold her hand. If we're sitting next to each other at a table, she'll practically put her feet on top of mine. If I lean against her a bit, she won't move away. When we were watching movies at her house one night, petting the dog between us, I noticed her hand rubbing up against mine almost as much as it did the dog's head. The other day, out of nowhere, she bought me a stuffed animal, for no apparent reason.

Bottom line, I think she may have feeling for me, but I'm not entirely sure. I care about her, and I'd love to date her, but I don't want to risk losing such a good friend again.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi Megatron. Welcome smile

It certainly sounds as if she likes you and is giving you the message that she is interested.

And you like her.

You are already going out together - which sounds like dating to me.

Couldn't you tell her that you want to be friends, but, if she's willing to give it a try, you'd also like to date her?

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site