Well what kinds of things do you have to do where you live?
Bowling, theaters, indoor swimming, outdoors ice skating (in cold climates) roller skating those are just a few of the things I can think of. First off I don't know how old you are I'd say if early in high school maybe get a bunch of your friends together (guys and girls) and go do something fun together. I'm sure no one will take my advise on the next thing I'm going to say but I will anyway ok. If your in school believe me your going to have more than one girlfriend or boyfriend in your life and that's just a fact of life. Rarely do people end up with their first boyfriend or girlfriend as their life partner. So what you want to do is try a group thing it will be lots of fun.
Maybe what you can do is all get together and do one of the above mentioned activities and then see if one of the parents will let you all come back to their house and have pizza or something else and then maybe play some games this may sound silly but I'd bet you would have lots of fun if you give it a try. I think it would be lots easier to ask her also if you knew that you will both have a bunch of friends.
What you may want to do is first find out if your parents would let you have a bunch of kids over. Then approach this girl and ask her if she would like to get together with a bunch of hers and your friends (both boys and girls) It would be like planning a party together it may be a little easier than coming right out and asking for a date. This way you could get to know her a little better and have fun with both your's and her's friends.
Find out first from your folks so you know how many they will let you have over. Also tell them you will help get things ready if they are reluctant. If you can't afford pizza even popcorn and soda would be fun.

My name is Connie