Im 21 years old, I have been with my current boyfriend for almost 3 years offically 2 years. My problem is I have to much pride to show emotion or more like affection towards him and others as well. I've always had this problem,even with my previous long term relationship. I guess my reason is the way i was brought up, i have four brothers, i'm the only female, besides my mother. Im not sure what exactly my problem is but well I have been trying to figure out ways to go around this because i truely do want to make things work in this relationship. He says i'm really stubborn and just stick to what i want and i have to much pride. He says he is alwaysthe one putting effort and trying to make me feel better and well i sometimes just dont know what to do!! And thats my biggest problem, on how to solve things or knowing what to do. I've been working on this by trying to listen and undertstanding his point of view or feelings. Its really hard for me to describe my feelings though. Sometimes i will just cry, and its for a couple reasons and i somehow just can not tell him at that moment why i'm crying. I guess i'm just trying to see what your guys opinion is or any tips on how i can handle situations or adjust to something different. Thanks. Oh by the way i'm new here.

Last edited by cristy587; 11/14/08 07:35 AM.