Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#162026 03/20/07 01:16 AM
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
ok simple question..

i have heard of people going out, braking up with someone ..once
then going out dating someone and realizing they love them so they marry them.

but have any of you heard of anyone never braking up?...

I ♥ my tiel Dip. Isn't he the cutest?
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
Yup, I posted this story somewhere else but I don't remember where.

My aunt Patty was 16 (junior in high school) when she met Frankie who was 17 and a senior in high school. He was her first boyfriend and she never broke up with him and never dated anyone else. They now have three kids and have been married about 13 years.

Kiwi*8-23-05
Blueberry*9-9-06
Gizmo*11-11-06
Ollie*4-7-07
Best Friend
Best Friend
Personally I'm still with my high school sweetheart, it's been 6yrs for us now laugh. I can't imagine life without him.

live free
Best Friend
Best Friend
Maybe it's true that someone can stay with each forever.

H
H
I have a really incredible story...My mother was widowed when I was 4. When I was 8, she met this doctor who was going to go be a missionary in the Philippines. Mutual friends introduced them, and they went on ONE DATE. He went off to the Philippines, and she didn't hear from him til a year later. In his first letter to her, he asked her to marry him! With deep faith (and perhaps a dose of insanity) she said yes. So he proposed to her by mail. Then the engagement ring came by mail. It was a pearl from the Philippines, set in gold. So they got engaged by mail. But they didn't get married by mail: We went to the Philippines a year later, and they saw one another for the first time since their first date. Two weeks after, they had a beautiful garden wedding. That was 36 years ago. My parents are about the happiest couple I have ever known, and my mom said she had a great marriage to my real father til he died. They make me believe in love at first sight, and in love everlasting!!

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I met my first boyfriend at Sixth Form College.
We have now been married for 27 years.
We never broke up.
I've had male friends, and a 'boyfriend' when I was nine, but I never 'went out' with anyone else.
One boyfriend / husband since 1975 ~ thats over 32 years! Wow!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #164827 03/30/07 11:20 PM
Best Friend
Best Friend
My mother was away on vacation, met my father, the first night they met he proposed she said yes, a few months later they were married, a year later I came along and they were married almost 22 years when he passed away.

My husband and I met dated for 4 years 2 of which we were engaged *never broke up during that time* got married and it's now almost 24 years later, 4 kids, and I would marry him again infact hopefully next year 2008 we will renew our vows for our 25th anniversary.

One of my son's met a girl when he was in 7th grade, they did not see each other for a few years, when he turned 17 they met again and have been together ever since going on 3 years they have never broken up and I really feel they will end up married, they are best friends and soulmates.

Last edited by terryluvsgoldensand keets; 03/30/07 11:25 PM.

My Birds
*Sky 8/26/06
*Stor 9/06/06
*Fester tiel
*Dog Comet Golden Retriever
No Sand Keets \:\)
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
My Mum and Dad met when he was working miles away from home as a carpenter at the shop where she was a sales assistant. They only went out together a very few times, when he proposed, and they were together for the next 47 years, until he died. Pretty much inseparable.

PDM #167305 04/08/07 01:34 AM
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
My hubby and I started "dating/hanging out" when I was 15 and he was 16. We got married when I was 16 and he was 17! (Not something I would recommend for most people!) We have been married for 13 years this August! There have been tough times, but we have never broken up. (Having to grow-up and care for a baby while being newly married was VERY difficult!) He is my very best friend! That is one of the things that makes our marriage work! Now we have 4 beautiful children and we are both more in love now than we have ever been! 80 years down the road, I know he is the one I will still be with! smile

Thanks 3budgies for my AWESOME AVATAR!! \:\)
Tulip adopted 3/05/2007
Tweets RIP
Tweets #167453 04/08/07 04:19 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Tweets
... He is my very best friend! That is one of the things that makes our marriage work! ...

That's it. That's how it has to be, I think. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site