Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Welcome to the forum, Melissa! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
M
M
Thank you

S
SDG Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for all the advice everyone... but sadly she ended up telling me the opposite of what I had wanted.

Turns out she had these mixed feelings for a while, and was hoping that I would grow on her or something.

It ended up that we were kissing, and she said she couldn't "do" it anymore. Confused I was like what do you mean?... when she said she was having second thoughts about her and I. We had somewhat of a short lived discussion on it before I grabbed my things and left her apartment at 6 in the morning and drove back 4 hours home.

She kept saying things like "I can't feel this "one" thing for you and I hate myself that I cant", and just other things that made absolutely no sense... seemed to me that she was just dodging everything. I asked her if it was something I did, or didn't do, but according to her, I am great, perfect even, but that she couldn't feel it.

When she said all of this... it made absolutely no sense. Things that... seriously made no sense what so ever. Rambling even. Considering the night before we slept arm in arm in the same bed and had many moments of what I thought were "genuine."

In all honesty... I'm glad this happened then rather than later on. I just hate being toyed with that way. Her excuse was that she didn't want to hurt me, and that she wanted to "try" and see if I would develop that "thing" she wanted. I know she wanted me to stay and talk with her, but in my defense, I couldn't stand to see her. She began crying at the fact that she had hurt me, and seeing her cry... it made me tear up. I am not one to cry... but it truly hurt.

Before I left, I told her everything that was on my mind, I went into that fight/flight mode. I told her that even though our relationship was short lived, that it was the best time in my life, and that I wouldn't trade it for anything. I told her I loved her (though not in the romantic sense, more so in the sense of how I feel toward other close people in my life) and I told her that I wish she would have let me fall in love with her. I basically told her everything I had wanted to say. Which... in turn made her cry more. She said she was "making the biggest mistake of her life letting me go" and maybe she's right, but now at least I know the truth.

About a half hour after I left, I received a few text messages saying that she was sad that she had let me go, asking me to forgive her, and that she needed my friendship... but... and this may be a mean thing of me... but I said no. I said to her, that this would be the final time she and I would speak, see each other or ever be in the same room. I don't think I could be friends with someone that hurt me in that magnitude, especially after being lied to for so long; and though I still hope one day she'll call me out of the blue... I know she wont. Even before I left she kept saying she needed my friendship, not wanted but needed. Last thing I said to her about that was "I'll always be your friend, but now, you'll never know it."

And its true. I will always be her friend, if anyone ever asks me about her, I'll say nothing but good things about her, but as for physically speaking to her directly... I don't see any point. Maybe I'm being greedy... but in my opinion, she was being selfish to ask me for that.

It's been about 3 weeks since that event, and though I was sad for a while, I realized that I am better off. No more chasing dreams, no more pretending to myself or trying to please someone that could care less. I learned who I really am. I know who I am now, and because of this, I feel stronger. I've learned that who I am deep down inside is the true me. I fight for everything I want, I do the things I want, I don't care what anyone says or thinks of me, and I live everyday like I want to, everyday is an adventure.

Maybe one day... we will speak again, maybe one day she will finally give me the chance with her I always wanted, but I wont wait for her, nor will I ever get my hopes up for her.

So again, thank you for all your help. Each of you. Though I lost the girl of my dreams... I gained a true sense of being. I know my place in life now... and rather than kick myself because of it... I've come to accept it, and make myself better. Not for anyone else, not to please anyone, and not to hide anything... but because now... I am finally free, and I can move forward now and be proud of everything real in my life.

So thank you again, and who knows... I may come back here again one day about another girl smile

--- My mother... she said. "Heaven's on one shoulder, but baby... Hell is on the other." ---
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi SDG

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I can understand her, though. In you she found the perfect partner for her ~ everything that she wanted, but she couldn't fall in love with you, even though that is what she wanted and what she hoped for.
Sad.
She may fall in love with someone totally unsuitable. But that's life.

At least you know where you stand now ~ and you needed that.
And at least you tried.

Look after yourself. Take care of yourself. Allow yourself to mourn this relationship if you need to.

Good luck!

N
N
All I can say is wow. I read everything you wrote SDG and it felt like i was writing that myslef. You sound very similar to myself with your outlook on life and how you conduct yourself. it was like reading about my own life.

I salute your honesty, it takes a big man to admitt when he is emotionally hurt. I am sorry this didn't work out for you but i am happy that you got the end of it. At times this must have been torture for you. I have been through similar situations myself with a girl i wanted since school, i finally got her at the age of 24 (that's my age now) and it didn't work.

The reasons she gave for not being able to be with you is the same story my ex gave me 2 weeks ago (not the girl from school!lol). It's a different situation to yours but the same reasons for not being together and all it has done is caused me confusion. Knowing that you done nothing wrong at all it's probably the hardest thing to deal with. My ex also told me that i had done nothing wrong, that i am sweet, down to earth, funny and a genuine guy. However she got confused about her feelings and she doesn't know how she feels right now. The confusion is like torture because i don't know i how feel myself. Apart me wants to be with her but the other part of me is telling me to make peace with it and run away before i get hurt.

You sound like a top guy, you have a good life, very outgoing and you live for today and that is a good attitude to have.

You explained your feelings in way that made me think to myself "did i write this myself?" You seem to be almost identical to me. I have all the sympathy for you in the world dude and i can tell you that you will be ok and you will survive. As PDM said "Mourn this relationship" cry if you have to there is no shame in it. You have the truth now so you can make peace with that part of your life and move onto a better part of your life.

If you ever need to talk just give me a bell on here. I know i am just a guy on a screen but your story was like reading about myself so i know EXACTLTY how you feel.

All the best.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Have you young men ever read any of the 'Venus & Mars'-type books?

I'm not saying that I agree with everything in them, but books like those ~ which explain the differences between male & female minds & behaviour ~ can be very helpful.

There are the Allan & Barbara Pease books & the John Gray books.
You should be able to get them from a library, I would say.

http://www.peaseinternational.com/
http://www.nyt.co.uk/allan_pease.htm

http://home.marsvenus.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_Are_from_Mars,_Women_Are_from_Venus

I have a copy of 'Brainsex', by Anne Moir & David Jessel, which is on the same / similar subject:
http://www.amazon.com/Brain-Sex-Difference-Between-Women/dp/0385311834
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_Sex

I think that many people would find them useful. I don't know how others feel about them ~ some people might be a bit critical of some of the content. Not perfect, but useful.

Re Venus & Mars:

Quote:
Some researchers agree with Gray's ideas about male-female communications differences. .... However, other studies do not find such differences. .... Some feminists have criticized the book for being misogynistic and patronizing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_Are_from_Mars,_Women_Are_from_Venus

So you need to read them with a questioning and open mind, but I'd still recommend reading them. smile

Last edited by PDM; 09/12/08 02:36 PM.

N
N
Thank PDM.

Personally if i ruled the world i would outlaw relationships and just tell everyone to have sex with whoever they want! Everyone goes home happy then! haha

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I don't think that this would make everyone happy at all!!!

S
SDG Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks Nicky, always good to know that someone else can relate to what it is that's gone on, and to relate to me.

PDM, as for those books... I think I'm done with reading up on things of that nature. Since the last few things I read concerning the matter resulted in a positive outcome. Basically when all the signs are there, it should yield a positive outcome when in reality it didn't; but who knows, maybe one day I could read one of those, might be a good read.

As for my place in life, I always knew it, but I never accepted it... and now I have.

I'm not a leader, I'm not a follower, I'm not an artist, nor am I anyone's savior. I may never be rich, or famous, I may never visit Europe or Australia. I may be behind in music, tv, movies and fashion, I may never get the job of my dreams. I may never meet the love of my life, get married, have children. My life could end tomorrow for all I know...

But for all it's worth, I will always and forever be... the one that never gives up. It took me 23 years to realize that. No matter what life throws at me, I'll always be able to brush it off and continue forward. In my mind, I'm ten feet tall and bulletproof, and as long as there's still a breath in my body, I will never give up. I will always fight for the things that I want, I may lose, I may lose big, but at least I can say that I took the chance, and came out in one piece. If there's nothing ventured, there is nothing gained. Words I live by everyday.

All I ask, is that if I do meet the true love of my life, that it's sooner rather than later...

Last edited by SDG; 09/14/08 11:05 AM.

--- My mother... she said. "Heaven's on one shoulder, but baby... Hell is on the other." ---
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
That's very positive, so good luck!

The books were just some background understanding ~ not necessarily something that would affect your immediate circumstances, by the way. No book can do that.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site