RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#361564 04/18/09 02:41 AM
I
OP Offline
I
Okay so basicly there is this girl that likes me. Then we hung out and I liked her. Just around the time that I started to REALLY like her. So I asked her and she said that now she can only like me as a friend right now because there is this guy that likes her and wants to date her before I came, she said I came to late. But right after I asked her that she starts to call me alot everyday. She calls me and we talk and laugh and stuff for hours and stay up to like 3 AM just talking sometimes. I started to think she might like me so I asked her to the movies. She said she was busy that day. Ever since that day she doesn't call me anymore and when I call her we bearly talk. Also when she says "I'll call you back" she doesn't. But before when she said that she would call back no matter what. Now I'm confused. Should I keep calling her? I feel like if I call then its like I'm bothering her. I am no really into her but I don't know what to do.

Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
Who really knows? Sure sounds like, though, that she likes you as a friend, and you seem to like her, too. But maybe your asking her out is making her feel that "just friendship" is not good enough for you.

I'd say lay low for a while. If she does resume conversations with you, keep it on the hanging out kind of thing. And if, down deep, you are hoping it develops into more, it may be that a good friend is going to last longer than a guy she's interested in right now.

But even if not, doesn't hurt to have a friend with whom you enjoy interacting.

Marge is the love of my life.
I
OP Offline
I
sounds good. But what do I do in this time of waiting? I've been so sad and depressed for the pass few weeks. I don't think I can do this for a while. I tryed everything. Hanging out with friends, playing games, hitting the gym, getting intoxicated. But nothing seems to fill the void.

Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Maybe you could try hanging out with different girls? I know what this feels like and the only thing that really helped me was to just push him to the back of my mind and hang out with my friends more. I found that if I had a lot of free time I would think about him so I filled it all up and as time went by my feelings faded for him. It wasnt easy but it was for the better because this guy was a player and I can only see that now

I
OP Offline
I
I tryed that. I tryed but at the end of the day before I sleep. I can't help but to think about her. and isn't at the end of the day what really counts? *Sigh* But I guess I'm not trying hard enough. I'll try harder

Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
Nobody says it doesn't hurt. All you can do is to minimize the hurt by choosing to not keep on doing what causes the hurt.

Understand, I'm not saying that it's wrong to like someone, or to ask them out. But when all the emotional energy is one way, that drains you and will keep on draining you. The hurt you feel now will fade.

And you are becoming a better person because you will be able to empathize with others who feel pain or sadness. And, when you see her, you can smile mysteriously. Who knows? You may become the attraction.

Marge is the love of my life.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Welcome Immortal smile

Yes, it's painful ~ and almost everyone knows that, because almost everyone has been through it ~ unrequited love.

On the other hand, you say that it was she who liked you first, but that by the time you showed an interest, she could only like you as a friend, because she had agreed to date someone else. And, of course, while she is dating him, it is only right that any relationship with another boy should be purely platonic.

In time, she may change her mind and choose you over him ~ so yes, who knows, you may indeed become the attraction one day ~ or maybe they will remain happy together.

Either way, you need to try to fill your time with interesting people and activities, but 'getting intoxicated' is not to be recommended.

If you want to stay in touch with her, you must make it clear to her that you are prepared to accept just friendship ~ even if you want more than that ~ and you must stick to the agreement.

Good luck smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site