To go back to the "mostly black" school, that was back in 1988-1992. It was not bad at all. My experience there taught me to become more understanding. I also learned to love hip-hop/R&B even to this day as well as learned to sympathize with some of the social problems faced by the African-American. I even adopted their clothing styles. I never hated African-Americans. But I had to adjust when I arrived in the US. Prior to that, I lived overseas in American schools back in the 70s, I only saw one African-American family. And, dating someone of another race back then in high school was taboo. I didn't care even back then what color she was but I was more worried about what my family/peers would think of me. I'm glad I overcame that obstacle. Also, my first love was the one who asked me out. That was in the 2nd quarter of my first year in high school. And that proposal took place in the school library. And, since she was into Bobby Brown, any music that came from the "Don't Be Cruel" album remind me of the times with her. We played that everytime we dated.