Hi Jen smile

You are not the only person that this has happened to. Others on the site have said similar things. It can happen to both boys and girls.

The sad thing is, you can't help who you care about, but you know, deep down, that he is not right for you and that you would never really be happy with him.

Quote:
Doesn't give me a confidence boost and makes me feel worthless. He used the things I hate most about myself as the reasons not to be with me.

Think about it this way ~

Why should the opinions, criticisms, etc, of someone who behaves as badly as he does count for anything?

Why should someone like that make you feel worthless?

How can the words of someone who treats girls like trophies make you feel so bad?

Do you see that there is no logic in this?
His opinions are not valid.

Now, onto something more serious:

You should not be feeling 'worthless' anyway.
I am concerned that you should feel this way and that you talk about 'the things I hate most about myself'.

I don't know what these 'things' are, and you may not wish to discuss them on an open forum, but I can tell you that no-one is perfect and most people are aware of their own shortcomings.

Some let all this get to them more than others, and get into a cycle of guilt and depression ~ especially if they are upset after being badly-treated by an ex-boyfriend (or girlfriend).

Don't let this happen to you. If there is something seriously bothering you, then talk to someone you trust ~ your Mum or a school counsellor, perhaps.

Rather than worrying about whether you can cut him out of your life, find something else to take your mind off him ~ a new hobby, or sport, or read a good book, or go to the cinema, or go swimming, or bowling, etc, with friends, or have a lovely family time.

Give your mind something else to think about, so that you don't let him ~ and your own supposed shortcomings ~ take over your thoughts.

I think that, perhaps, you are a teenager?
Remember, hormones, etc, are affecting you as well ~ so try not to let things get to you. When the hormones settle down , you will probably be fairer and easier on yourself.

Take care! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.