Maybe Nikkums. My husband was raised "Southern Baptist" which is extremely conservative. It made him completely turn against religion and God. Now he has come to a sort of peace about it and he likes my church. My husband is not racist or homophobic but he was raised with very conservative attitudes. Dont get me wrong I LOVE his Mom! She seems more mellow now than before I guess. But she still has her moments. We took her to eat a Chinese restaurant close to her house. She saw a man in there drinking a beer and freaked! I couldnt belive it. She said she would never go back because they serve beer. I wanted to ask her where she bought her groceries because most grocery stores (walmart is where she goes) sell alcohol. Also I wonder what she would think if she knew that her son and I enjoy the occasional beer or mixed drink.

I think that to an extent we all pick and choose our values and to some degree we are all hypocrites. I just think that when it comes to human rights we need to be logical. If gay marriage was legalized tomorrow here in the US (no what that'll happen with Bush in office) it would not affect me at all. I would be happy for same sex couples. That is IT.

On a side not Sandra Day O'Connor is retiring and so is another terminally ill Supreme Court Justice. That means Bush will get to appoint 2 justices...God help us all!