RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
My bf broke up with me. It wasnt horrible, but it was because I was so OBCESSED with finding something about him cheating, and I came out to him about it because I'm a really bad liar. Anyway, so three weeks later, he tells me, I'm "talking" to someone. We haven't dated or anything... and I just bursted out crying because I felt after two years that he should not have been trying to date someone else or be "talking" to them. We went through alot of things together. And I told him I felt that he didnt care about the relationship at all and he said "you think you are the only one hurting and that's not the case. I don't feel that right now is the right time for us to get back together, I feel that we need to work on a friendship bond first so you can trust me instead of staying in the relationship and you won't have any trust at all. Relationships are built on trust."
I was wondering if anyone had advice on how to get him back-- I'm working on myself. I'm taking this time to work on my issues in general and if I enter ANY type of relationship I won't have to deal with drama anymore. Also, if I don't call him, do you think he'll notice? We talk alot during the week. He calls me and I call him. Thanks ahead of time for the honest advice and have a great day!!

S
S
Originally Posted By: Makedasays
I'm working on myself. I'm taking this time to work on my issues in general ... Also, if I don't call him, do you think he'll notice? We talk alot during the week.

Good job working on yourself. I'm doing the same thing w/ my break-up. Give the not calling him a try. Start w/ going at least a week, longer if you can. Sounds like he will notice.

Friend
Friend
Revenge is not the Answer. he some what right, you should build up yalls trust back in the frinedship stage. Than again he could be cheating on you, an yu have the right to know. Now i don't want you to feel angry about this, cause we guys tend to do this alot, we have one true girlfriend, then we have out just friends that are girls. it's hard for anyone to think their boy friend is cheating, when we are talking to other girls, then we hug them after that. Now in your case it might be little different. you say "were OBCESSED with finding something about him cheating",

I think after two years yall should be good, and here yall are back in the friendship stage. Which I will point out, that is good. You still have a chance. Try to stay with him. Maybe the not answer the phone when it's him might give him a message, but what kind of a message are you giving him?

Lee Willam Huntley IV
DJ Jah Man
Love one another, and God
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Wlcome Makedasays smile

The best thing is to build up honesty and trust betyween you.

You need to know that you can trust him.
He needs to be trustworthy.
He needs to know that you do trust him.

Start bt trying to have an objective discussion ~ not easy, I know ~ but, after two years, you should know each other well enough to do this, and, if the relationship is worth saving, you will both want to do this.

Or it may just be time to go your separate ways ~ what do you think?

Good luck. smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site