RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Soulmate
Soulmate
PDM is right. Remember, you have only been answering his lead. Make one of your own that says your interested but perhaps doesn't leave you hanging out there too far. You could compliment his massage skills and tell him you could get used to that on a regular basis. I little suggestive, it says your interested but doesn't leave you open to a turn down like asking him out would. If he is interested he will persue the conversation, if not you have at least given him something to think about.

Cookie and Sweetie
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Do let us know how you get on smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
T
OP Offline
T
Nothing concrete still. I did have a nice LONG talk with him the other day, nothing romantic, but I sent him an email with the times I'm available. Not much else I can do.

It's quite obvious he cares for me...whether or not it's romantic caring no one knows but him.

Guess it's more waiting...

Thanks for all your support everyone!

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Maybe he does just need some time to sort out his feelings.

Being patient may be hard, but if you want to be absolutely sure that he is absolutely sure of how he feels, then it may be the only way.

Good luck smile

T
OP Offline
T
I'm trying hard to be patient. I do worry that I overplayed my hand by forwarding my work schedule. I wasn't meaning to be pushy, just putting it out there.

I guess I just have to wait and see.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I don't know if I asked this before, but are you certain that he knows that you are gay?

The age thing could be worrying him.
I have to say, if my son (in his 20s) came home with a girlfriend in her 50s (as I am) I would be most concerned. That may not seem fair, but there would be numerous reasons.

T
OP Offline
T
Yeah, he knows I'm gay. smile

There may have been a development, but I'm not sure. I'll know in about a week and a half. smile

You've all been so kind!

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I hope it goes well. smile

T
OP Offline
T
Well, I did it, I confessed my feelings.

It's a no...but, I think in that evening we strengthened our connection as friends. We were friends before, and I think we are closer friends now.

So, while I am disappointed, I am very happy to have him in my life as a friend. I admire him greatly, and after I told him how I felt, he made very sure that he explained his position, and that it doesn't change anything. We are still friends, good friends.

I'm concentrating on being grateful for that. It does hurt a little, but that is normal. Those feelings will fade, and I'm lucky to have such an amazing individual in my life. I definitely have room in my heart for another good friend.

Thank you all so much for your advice and for listening. It really, really helped.

Best of luck to you all, and I'll try to help out others here in any way I can.

E
E
Hi TooShy, I haven't commented on your posting before tonight but I have been reading and keeping my fingers crossed for you because we are sort of in the same boat except I haven't got the guts to ask him for a second time! lol. I'm sorry things didn't turn out the way you wanted them too but I think it's great that you are being positive about his role in your life and the situation. Don't give up I'm sure there is someone perfect for you out there! smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site