Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#359979 04/06/09 06:50 PM
B
banna Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I had been working with this guy for two years and we really liked each other. He was always looking at me, looked like flirting with me, he always followed me with his eyes. However I have a partner for many years which he knows about, but sadly I still fell in love with this guy. I am not that young so I can't just quit a relationship especially that this guy won't be in this country for long. He has his whole life ahead, I know I can't mess up my whole life. For about 6 months we are not colleagues any more but he visited me in my country where we were together. After that we meet maybe once in 2 months, but always he calls or emails me first to catch up. He usually invites me to a concert, a museum, to drink or eat something but that's all. Is it possible if he liked me and we are good friends that he doesn't want anything just going to museums? Why doesn't he initiates something? Is it possible that a man who is attracted to a woman wants to see her but not touch???? I know I have a partner, maybe that holds him back? What should I do? I really want to see him and as he leaves maybe in the other half of the year our days are counted, I want to see him as much as I can.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Banna ~ welcome smile

It is not uncommon to get to know one's colleagues very well, and to form a close bond with them.

If you are single, this can lead to romance.
However, if you are taken, then it can lead to one of two things ~ a platonic friendship or an affair.

It is very noble of him, given that he likes you, to respect the fact that you are in a relationship, and to keep the friendship platonic.

I'd say that if you want more than this, then it is for you to take the initiative, not him.

However, though it seems to suit some people, I certainly wouldn't recommend an affair. It can have a huge and negative effect on one's life.

If you are in love with this man, are you also in love with your partner?

If not, then is it right to let him think you still love him, when you don't ~ especially if you want a relationbship with this other man?

Are you being fair on him or yourself ~ or indeed your ex-colleague?

(Is it possible that your friend is gay??)

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #360079 04/07/09 08:45 AM
B
banna Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi!
I am in love with this man and I am not in love with my partner. But I am not that young to be so irresponsible to quit a relationship just because I miss love so much. I live in this country temporarily, this ex-colleague lives here temporarily, we both go away and no future is for us. I don't pretend loving my partner but also we are good friends, have our nice life together. I just miss love.
If I want more from this guy how can I initiate it? Or shall I just simply ask? It would be just hard to take if I am refused, it would be humiliating. And if I want more, he would feel too convinced if he knows I want him, I wouldn't be that mysterious and interesting any more as he would feel he got me emotionally. I am really helpless.

Originally Posted By: PDM
Hello Banna ~ welcome smile

It is not uncommon to get to know one's colleagues very well, and to form a close bond with them.

If you are single, this can lead to romance.
However, if you are taken, then it can lead to one of two things ~ a platonic friendship or an affair.

It is very noble of him, given that he likes you, to respect the fact that you are in a relationship, and to keep the friendship platonic.

I'd say that if you want more than this, then it is for you to take the initiative, not him.

However, though it seems to suit some people, I certainly wouldn't recommend an affair. It can have a huge and negative effect on one's life.

If you are in love with this man, are you also in love with your partner?

If not, then is it right to let him think you still love him, when you don't ~ especially if you want a relationbship with this other man?

Are you being fair on him or yourself ~ or indeed your ex-colleague?

(Is it possible that your friend is gay??)

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Only you can decide what you are going to do smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site