RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
hi. Im kind of new to this. So i will just give the quick rundown.

I like this guy. The problem with it is that my ex is his cousin. Me and my ex left on good terms. However we have multiple of the same friends. So i am good friends with my ex's brother and most of his cousins as well as with some of his other friends. This guy i like, doesnt care that people will be mad and disapprove. My Ex still has feelings for me. So if i were to lets say date him, then we would both lose alot of friends and hurt someone in the process. I dont want to hurt anyone but it cant really be avoided if you like someone that much?? I do not know what to do. The guy i like says he doesnt care about the consequences and hes willing to throw it away. His parents would also be mad because they dont like me. So what am i to do? what should i do? Should i just forget what everyone thinks and do what i want?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Brokenkitty ~ welcome smile

I can certainly understand why this is a problem for you. The boy you like should be able to see this too. He may not mind upsetting people, but, clearly, you would.

You currently get on well with your ex, but, as he still has feelings for you, that may go wrong, if you dated his cousin ~ or even if he discovered that you like him.

The thing is, he and the rest of the family are likely to find out, anyway, because his cousin doesn't mind them knowing.

In the circumstances, it might be best if you spoke to him about it first ~ before he hears it from others.

Once you have discussed the matter with him, it may become clearer to you what you should do about this.

If he is comfortable with it, then there shouldn't be a problem, and even if he isn't, but if you have been honest with him, he may, at least, be able to come to terms with it.

It might help, if you left it a while, before pursuing the new relationship. What do you think?

Good luck.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks so much for the insight on this problem. I do agree with most of the things you have said. I broke up with my ex about 8 months ago. But we still have minor communication. Not much though. So sometime has passed. But i do not know if it is enough to try and express to my ex my interest in someone else especially a member of his family. is 8 months long enough or should i try waiting a bit longer?

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi

Eight months is quite a long time ~ longer than I expected you to say.

If you like his cousin and his cousin likes you ~ and the cousin could tell your ex about your and his feelings ~ then I think that it is only fair that you warn him ~ difficult as that may be.

Do you agree?

Good luck smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site