Ammagiepie, I read your post and I want to tell you that I sympathize with your conflicted feelings. What I am going to say to you will sound harsh and I hope you will understand that I would suggest what I am going to tell you if this were my own daughter.

Your instincts are absolutely correct. This young man should not be dateing your sister.

I know from personal experience that illegal immigrants sometimes feel they are above the law and know that if they committ terrible crimes there is no way to find them. If the law is on their tails they can simply go back home until it cools off again. They operate under the radar. It is easy to enlist other friends they have in their crimes because they can blackmail those friends into helping or cover up a crime. They simply have to threaten to turn them in or tell them that they will be found also if the other guy is arrested.

She should not be allowed to date this guy and your mom is being irresponsible to let her.

Her feeling for this guy are irrelivent as she is too young to decide what is right for herself. That is what she has parents for.

You know what is right and I believe you should turn this guy in to immigration. He is here illegaly. If he is willing to skirt the law this way, what makes you think he will do what is right with your sister.

There is a very real chance that if you wait, he could talk her into leaving the country. If he does take her out of the country, there are many unscrupulous people who might get their hands on her and she could wind up in an underground prostitution ring. They love young girls for these rings. Virgins bring even bigger profits. I am sure this guy know this.

Your party is the least of your worries here. If you turn him into immigration anonymously, you won't have to be concerned about anything else. JUST DON'T TELL ANYONE YOU DID IT.

You will be saving your sister a world of hurt. There will be plenty of years for her to find mister right. This guy is not him and you know it in your heart.

They may think you made the call, but they have no way of proving it if you stick to your story and say you knew nothing about it.

In this case, you have tried reasoning and it is not working. I don't believe anyone is going to listen to you. I believe you have to step up to being the parent and do what you have to do. Do what you would do for your own child if she would not listen to reason.

Good luck

Cookie and Sweetie