RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
this is a semi-long one. i'm having a brutally difficult time reading a situation with a woman - needing advice. several months ago, my (now, ex) girlfriend moved out of state. several months after she left, i started talking with a good friend of hers ... we have gone out several times - but email often ... about everything, and anything.

spending time with her is very comfortable - touching (not over - but standing side by side with bodies touch ... grabbing forearm, eye contact - laughing...etc. conversation seems very comfortable about sometimes not very comfortable things. i know she still talks to me ex - and i know that she is less that honest about how often we talk - and that we spend time together.

the whole thing though - seems kind of tense. comfortable but tense. i have a hard time reading what is happening - at times, i feel i read that something is growing but i can't really tell.

i do notice that i seem to be the driver - but i've yet to see what happens if i stop and kinda disappear; but im just not a game player. id love to get some insight....

S
Friend
Friend
S
maybe she likes you, maybe she won't go any farther because she feels it would be like betraying her friend...

you say "several months ago" your ex left, and "several months after she left (left the state?/left the relationship?" you started talking to her friend. I'm confused just how long you've been talking to her friend and how soon after you broke up this happened...

In my experience, "comfortable" is also a weird descriptor... there have been people I've been "comfortable" with and then couldn't stand a couple months later. I'm not trying to say this is bad by any means, just throwing it out there.

My advice with any relationship is always to take it slowly and not to do anything anybody might regret--it's generally easier on all parties in the long run.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on...
-Omar Khayyam
H
OP Offline
H
its been 8 months - and no, there is no longer a relationship with the ex. i've wondered the whole 'ex' factor. betrayal, etc. i definitely don't have a clear read on what 'comfortable' means, either - and have been trying to play it mellow. after-all, i can't even really say that i know what i'm after, exactly. i know she is very attractive - we are more similar than my ex and i ever were ... and there seems to be a mutual interest in talking ---

ahh, the delicate balance of being honest - while not overstepping boundaries. fun stuff!

N
N
Have you tried asking her if she feels that she's betraying her friend/your ex by seeing you? And do you feel any guilt over it? One more question. Are you two dating or just hanging out and what do both of you want?
Okay, that was two questions, whatever.
I think maybe you should just sit down and talk to her about everything. If the two of you are truly comfortable with each other, it shouldn't be a problem.

~Live your life so the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral~
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Welcome hasseffect.

I agree with Sala ~ "maybe she likes you, maybe she won't go any farther because she feels it would be like betraying her friend..."

I wonder if she ~ and maybe you too ~ do, indeed, feel awkward about that old relationship. I can certainly see how it might have its effect.

Do you think that things would be different, if you did not both already have a relationship with your ex?

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site