Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Tin Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Ok I'll start

When my husband was in the air force he had orders to go to Biloxi Miss for a few months before he was sent to Thiland.
Well I wanted to go with so what we did was scarf up on items that no one wanted anymore and packed them all into the car (we were not going to bring anything back except us and our clothes)
Well we got down there and started looking for a place to stay found a hotel on the beach that had studio's so my husband paid the rent and we started hauling all of our stuff up to the 5th floor in an elevator with an elevator guy.
Well after we hauled everything up I decided I did not like it. So being the great guy he is he went back down got our money back we took everything back to the car (The elevator guy must have thought we were crazy) And guess what we ended up renting a horrible trailor full of cockroaches (that's what I get for being stupid I guess).
Now that's just one of my stories I'll save more after some of you guys post.

My name is Connie
H
helwa
Unregistered
helwa
Unregistered
H
lol grass wasnt green on the other side huh

ok this story is funny to me i duno if it is to anyone else lol

so my husband ... is fresh off the boat from egypt ... grew up in the countryside/desert ... and has no clue on things u would think normal people know about ... lolz

so we go to get the marriage lisence form the court house

and you have to read this book of marriage advice before they will give yo the lisence so we go in the hall and flip through it .. its like 20 pages of basic stuff like be nice share listen dont cheat dont hit and so on

we go back in the room and the lady is like i need you tofill out this form each of you ... like he has to do it for himself nd i have to do it for myself ... so i move to the side and full my form ... and he is struggling to fill it out im like babe whats the deal ... he goes i forgot my birthday ROFL ... im like r u xxxxxxx kidding me ???? he goes no the lady is staring at me i cant think .... hahahahaha so im like sweety its sept 25 1976 sheesh so he writes it down

hands in the paper and the lady goes sir you didnt write your name... like u have to print your name ... he goes oh ok and signs it with his chiken scratch signature the lady is like SIR YOU HAVE TO PRINT YOUR NAME IN THE SQUARES

he looks at me like why is she yelling at me ... im getting frustrated to my ends cuz he does this stuff cuz he thinks its funny im like babe its not funny ok this is serious its our marriage lisence just fill it out rigt.

so he pulls me to the side and is like what does it mean "print my name" im like my god man just write ur name how u normaly write it ... so he writes somethings and hands it in .... the lady is like good lord what is this i look at it and he wrote it in arabic LMAO

im like babe this isnt egypt they cant read that at all ... ur gona get us arrested hahaha what the hell is wrong with you

so now he is like major nervous and feels very stupid ... so the lady prints the form AGAIN for the 3rd time and is like get it right this time ... by the way we had to pay 50 cents every time se had to print the form over haha

so i take him to the side and im like let me show you and i write his name on the back of scrap paper .. im like just copy that

he tried but spelled it wrong LMAO

the clerk was like maam are you sure you want to go through with this

im like umm i think so .. yes .. yes i do ... i do ... i think ... give us a moment

lolz

we go outside im like calm down honey she isnt asking for your dna or finger print its ur name ... its not a bid deal ...

so we go back in print yet another form and i go through it with him slowly letter by letter ROFL

finally we were done and had the lisence hahaha

i was so embarrassed man .. u cant even imagine but i was laughin to hard to care ... there was an older couple like in their 70's gettin married by the justice at the time in the hall way and the old lady goes .... honey i just wana tell you i think its so great of you to take him in and marry him despite his disability and you are so patient and kind with him its just so nice to see that.

i nearly fell out on the floor dying of laughter i just thank you maam and walked away ... running to the car trying so hard not to wet myself laughing so hard

the funny things is my husband is very very smart .. has a degree in aeronautical engineering and does rocket science and stuff hahaha and was actually a pilot prior to 911 so he is smart and he knows how to write his name he just got so nervous he couldnt think straight it was just too funny hahaha that old lady cracked me up

Last edited by PDM; 12/08/07 09:58 PM.
Tin Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
That story made me laugh.
I can't wait to read some others.

My name is Connie
Soulmate
Soulmate
My husband is from Chicago and is a true city boy and very spoiled. I am from the country/mountains and to him I am very facinating (not bragging but really this is what he tells me) lol
So the first time he goes to my parents house he is shocked. They live on 5 acres of woods so there are tons of bugs and animals. He got to hold a turtle for the first time and played with that poor turtle for over an hour. He is always commenting that I am so smart that I know all the names of flowers and animals and can pick them up. He is smart as far as schooling and numbers so we fit together well. That is an intro of us.

The story is:
Brian is easily gagged. Smells and slimey things makes him sick to his stomach. Well when we were 1st married he was scared of peanut butter. Yes for real. I would have peanut butter and leave the knife in the sink with the remnants on it. Well he couldn't handle it. It was slimey and gross and he would freak out every time. He hates when it gets water on it.
Well one time he took it too far. I had left it in the sink and he came marching out and proceeded to scream at me for it. He was so upset and gagging. I held in the laughter and let him finish. Well he goes back to the kitchen and starts slamming around and grumbling under his breath. I sneak in and grab the jar of peanut butter. I scooped out a big handful and snuck up behind him. He had his hands in the dish water so I rubbed peanut butter all over his arms and shoved them under the water.
He just stopped and started shaking and gagging and trying to be all mad. Well I kept it up until he started laughing. He is no longer afraid of peanut butter.

RIP Peeps
Tin Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
How funny.
Come on some of the rest of you guys have to have some funny stories.

My name is Connie
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Great stories, guys --er, I mean gals!

Well, our first real date was dinner at my house. I ended up crunched for time so instead of cooking I went on a spending spree at the local Chinese restaurant and brought home container after container after container of food, especially dishes with shrimp and lobster. (This is my idea of heaven, meal-wise.)

Well, halfway through dinner I realize Jack's hardly eating anything and has this strange, uncomfortable look on his face. Turns out, the only thing he hates more than Chinese food is shrimp & lobster! I felt absolutely awful and offered to make him peanut butter & jelly sandwiches!

I must say, thinking back on this, that he gets major points for being honest instead of sitting there miserably choking down his least favorite foods. So, every once in awhile we have "crazy dinner" -- I get take-out Chinese food and he gets White Castle hamburgers (which I think are disgusting)!

Companion
Companion
I love all of these!!

When we moved into our first apartment without roomates in Beaverton I brought my kids up from their dad's for the weekend. We got home kinda late because we had to drive so far. Well the kids were wanting some Coacoa and I had to pee. I put the teapot on the stove and ran off into the bathroom. As I was walking back into the livingroom I heard an explosion in the kitchen... I had turned on the wrong burner and a glass baking dish had been on the burner and exploded. After cleaning up the hot glass (which had melted it's way into our linoleum). He sat down on the couch with a funny look on his face and began laughing hysterically.... The kids had fallen asleep on the couch immediately upon getting home.. There was no point to coacoa. They woke up when the pan exploded went 'wow mommy what was that?' then passed out again on the floor while watching us clean up... Needless to say we didn't have any coacoa. And now 2 years later he will ask the kids what happens when mommy cooks and they yell 'BOOM'.

Tin Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
MORE MORE!!!!!!!! These are so fun to read

My name is Connie
B
Best Friend
Best Friend
B
haha, i was nearly on the floor readin gthese! mooore!

I'm an Airbender, what are you?
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I can't cook.

The first time I made a meal for my husband ~ then my boyfriend ~ it was dried chow mein with crispy noodles, out of a box.

As you can see from the link, this is a very quick & easy dish to prepare. And I used to like it. But instead of taking 25 minutes to make, it took me about 2 hours. This was because I wanted my crispy noodles perfect, so cooked them in very small batches.

As you can tell, I had my reasons, but 2 hours for a 25-minute ready meal was too much for my husband, and he decided there and then that I couldn't cook.

And I can't!

http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/MultimediaFiles/Live/Image/2620.jpg
http://www.ciao.co.uk/Vesta_Chow_Mein_serves_two__5181835

Last edited by PDM; 12/12/07 02:06 AM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site