Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#322440 08/26/08 12:15 AM
T
Takki Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Allright first off I have been friends with this girl for alittle over a year now and have developed feelings for her. After talking with my parents they say they have seen that she might be attracted to me. The problem is that another of my friends tried to ask her out and was let down. Now he is being somewhat aggressive whenever I choose to be near her over him or if I mess with her playfully. I'm slightly torn on the inside as to what to do as I don't want my friend to sabatoge the possible relationship.

Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
You know this is a forum about birds dont you?

Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
also-sorry to hear about your situation

P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Takki's post is appropriate in this section (Romance - does he/she like me?) --- I don't know if PDM moved it or what, but anyway ----- Can you ask your friend straight out about sabotaging the (possible) relationship? If you did go out with the girl, would your friend be really hurt/angry? etc. Maybe you could talk it out...

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Yes, this section is correct for this post.

Welcome Takki

Your friend must feel upset and perhaps humiliated & angry that this girl turned him down. He may really care for her and be feeling terrible. It could hurt him if she chooses you over him ~ and that is sad.

However, you cannot really let this person prevent you becoming friendly with this girl if you like each other.

Maybe you need to talk to him and explain that you mean him no harm but that you really like this girl yourself and hope that this won't harm your friendship with him.

Good luck!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
M
M
Okay first dont let your friend get in the way of the girl you love. And dont be afraid of her letting you down its just a girl not a god. You may love her but if she doesnt know how much u love her then she doesnt deserve you and it will be a good life learning experience

C
C
Okay hold on, did your friend know you liked her? Because if he did then he is the wrong, but if he didn't then he had every right to ask her out and be mad at being let down and then finding one of his friends flirting with his crush. You should have asked if it was okay first if you really don't want to end up losing a friend! For now though, talk to your friend and until you do take it easy with the girl okay. Simply hi and bye and a hug maybe, not too much okay!

Candy & Crushes

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site