RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi Thirty miles is a long way to go, for someone who may not be sure exactly what is hoped or expected of him, so I'm not sure what to say about that, but give anything a go ~ any chance to let him know how you feel, so that he can respond accordingly. By the way, you are going to use those vouchers in his restaurant ~ so he can't put his number on them :) * * * * On a separate issue, you say: [quote]'We never had much social life since we came to the states (more than 10 yrs ago). ... We feel like our expectations, personalities, perspectives in life, etc. are just very different from those of our age in general. I guess I can say that we just don’t feel fit in that well...Maybe it’s partly due to how we’re being brought up by our family (my Mom was extremely strict up to about 2 years ago)'[/quote] There is another Asian girl on the forum ~ maybe you could help her out, as you may be able to empathise with her? :) http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=356177#Post356177

Last edited by PDM; 03/15/09 01:20 AM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
W
W
I am not that experienced in terms of dating. I could not offer some really deep thoughts here. But I would agree that you can ask him out for a group activity, just as friends, and see how it goes. Remind him that he can bring his friends for that party too. Then he will be more relaxed. Good luck, girl.

Soulmate
Soulmate
A small group of friends gathering at someone's house and movies later sounds like the perfect get together. Until you know his comfort zone it might be good to approach it as a casual get together with a "group" of friends and then movies.You can mention that tell him he can come alone or bring a friend if he would like.

If he asks for more detail you can explain that some have dates and others come as singles and everyone has a nice time. This is the perfect opportunity to mention that you will be coming as a single.

That leaves the options well defined and if he is interested he will come the thirty miles.

Cookie and Sweetie
W
OP Offline
W
Yeah, maybe that's what he thought too about the coupons so he didn't write his number on it. But how about attaching a piece of paper with a brief note along with the coupons, or even give me an extra coupon so he could write anything on it he wants (he has a lot, I used to see them by the cashier register before & there's no limit on taking them)...I don't know, it just seemed to me like the most convenient situation we've had so far :) Ok...am I being too desperate here guys? I’ll have exactly a month til Spring Break, so hopefully that’s enough time for me to think & build up my courage on this plan with him. I’m trying to think of a way to ask him indirectly whether he’s married or not first though. He told me a while ago that he doesn’t work on the weekends, so can I ask something like “do you work here on the weekends too (pretending that I already forgot)?” When he said no, I can just say, “oh I guess you need to spend time with your family?” Well, hopefully he’ll tell me the truth then.

Last edited by winniee2009; 03/17/09 01:55 AM.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
This is becoming very complicated, since you are already quite friendly with him smile

You say he's Hispanic.
Is he American with Hispanic roots, or is he from outside the USA?
Why not ask him?
If from elsewhere, why not then ask if his wife came too?
And if he has relatives in the area, etc?

Maybe, if he hasn't been in the area long, you could then ask if he'd like to join you and some friends to get to know people.

You could just start by asking how long he has worked there and chat on naturally.

It could be, though, that he has a partner, already, and that he's just a very friendly person ~ or he could be really interested in you. If you like him, too, it would be a shame to miss this opportunity. smile

W
OP Offline
W
You know what, I realized that we never said anything much than "hi, how are you doing, how's everything, etc."

It's always busy when I go there, so maybe he didn't have much chance. But still, he doesn't really ask me any other different question - to like getting to know me better you know? If you "like" someone, of course you'd like to know more about that person right? I told him my name when we first talked, but he never greets me saying it - so I'm not even sure he still remembers or not.

I think he's an American with Hispanic roots. His English is perfectly native. The only reason I guess he's Hispanic because I heard he spoke in Spanish with his boss before.

He just never asked me any personal question, so I just wasn't sure if I should ask him any. This is one of the main reasons why I question whether he's just being plain nice & friendly to me.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Yes, maybe he's just pleasant, and feels friendly towards you ~ especially if he has forgotten your name.

I have been treated with extreme charm and friendliness by some waiters (Italian & Spanish, in particular) yet I doubt that they would even recognise me, if they saw me again. smile

W
OP Offline
W
You think so PDM???. Oh now I think I'm a little broken hearted...hihihi...nah, j/k I'm not to that point yet smile Though still I don't see he's that friendly with many people like he's with me.

There's this classmate of mine who's also been super nice & sweet especially with just me (he's rather quite to everyone else in class), & he already has a well-known girlfriend too. Oh well, who knows this is just the same situation with the waiter right...I still hope not though, gotta find it out someday soon. I hate it when unavailable men act too friendly & charming with me lol...can't have what I like

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Maybe you are very sweet, friendly and charming, yourself, and you bring out these traits in others?? smile

W
OP Offline
W
Yes, I think it's my charm that draws their attention grin But you know what sad is that I always tend to find myself attracted to all these unavailable men. Tomorrow I'm going to that buffet again so I gotta find out whether this guy is taken or not whistle

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site