RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
what about you Lisa, any feedback? i just want it to come out right. this is the the final product,not too much different.Also i was wondering if i should mail it or just give it to her in person. Dear,I understand that you might be still hurting… angry at the least so I know that it’s hard for you. I feel as awful and angry as you do right now if not worse because I’m angry at myself. Your probably thinking that I should be over it by now but I’m not, you were really special to me, even though I may have rarely shown it. I’m truly heartbroken, and I know it’s my fault. At this point you won’t even talk to me anymore... for awhile we were getting along just fine despite of the break up. It seems like everything changed the moment I told you I had made a mistake and I loved you? Why? I want you to know that I never stopped thinking about you after we broke up. what I had, what I gave up, and all the good times we had together...the day we met, the night at the club...and the hospital...and then to my house :).our night at the playground, the picnic in the park, the show you took me to for my birthday, the haunted houses, Even the times we spent just laying around watching movies together. Everything was better when I did it with you. I needed time to see that, I needed time to evaluate the things going on in my life. In the process I pushed away the one person that really cared about me because I was scared too fall in love again, because I remembered what it felt like to lose it. I know that you must have felt that way when we broke up but I never meant to hurt you. I’m not perfect and I make mistakes, but I do learn from them, and I won’t repeat them again, nor will I ever take you for granted. I hope with a little time you can really forgive me, because I know you haven’t yet. I should have listened when you said that you needed some time and some space to think things over. I was just in such a hurry to fix everything, that I didn’t realize that it’s not that easy for you to drop your guard either. So I kept pushing for it. I guess that’s why you were so angry when I showed up to that party. I know it took time to do that damage and I know it will take time to repair it but I will try my best to make it up to you if I can. You haven’t seen the best of me yet, I hope you’ll give me a chance to show you. You once told me that it was easier for you to run than risk being hurt. I think that’s a mistake… because it’s the same one I made with you. Please don’t run from me. At this point I would be happy if we could just be friends again. I would love to see you soon…When you’re ready. thanks for all your help PDM and Lisa

B
OP Offline
B
update: she got my letter. texted me the night she read it.

her: i read your letter...
me: (the next the morning)
i saw you read my letter you left it kind of open ended...
her: yea i read it. thats all
me: well the way you wrote it made it seem like maybe you wanted to talk. you left the "..." at the end.
her: great so i did
me: Ok well im home when you get off work. if you still do.
her:still do what?
me: still want to talk.
her: i dont. i didnt even realize i put that.
me: so you dont care then?
her: IDGAF (im sure you can figure that one out if you dont already know)

so...apparently its too far gone. im going to focus on moving on at this point. i dont think there is anything else i can do.
thanks again for your insight though, with a different girl it might have worked out. shes not like anyone ive ever met. Im not the type to get over someone so quickly, aparently she is.

J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Lisa and PDM have given you some very good advice. A letter is a wonderful idea, something she can think about, keep, and maybe even cherish. I still have all my old love letters and they bring me good feelings.

I wish you luck, i really do...but also agree that you may have hurt this girl beyond repairing. Let her make this decision whether to date you again on her own time and space. If she DOES agree to try again with you, please treat her like a princess. smile She will deserve that, by having the courage to open up to you again. She sounds like a lovely girl.

If she decides she can't open up to you again, it would be good for you to respect that and not push. You will have learned a very valuable life lesson you can bring to your next relationship! That is also a good thing! We all make mistakes: the measure of a man or woman is what we do with them. If we can learn from what we have done, accept our mistakes as part of being human, and strive to be a better person next time.

Good luck and please let us know how things turn out! smile

Last edited by jilly; 12/06/09 08:39 PM.
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
burnedagain, opps, I see you did post again with an update. One: i think your letter was very nice. Great job. You showed empathy and openness. I am impressed.

As far as your text conversation, it really does seem like she is pretty mad about the whole thing. frown Moving on sounds like the best choice for you. I would continue to be friendly and civil to this girl when you see her (don't burn any bridges; you never know what the future will hold), but take a deep breath and let this girl go from your soul.

I think you have learned a few things, are a nice person overall, and will be just fine. smile

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Well, unfortunately, Burnedagain, this doesn't seem to have gone in your favour. She is upset and angry ~ and you would probably agree that this is understandable in the circumstances. She may yet change her mind, but, for now, that looks unlikely. This has been a learning process for you, though.

Good luck smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site